Wondering Why

Old 04-10-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wondering Why

I sat there an listened to the bullshat for so long????

What I am beginning to see is that I was so busy deflecting, recovering, waiting for the next assault, confused, weary , tired, angry , sad, lonely, in denial, the chaos had a noose around my neck so tight I was afraid to move, move away , i felt like if I did, the world would fall apart.

This morning I took a shower, got out, wrapped a towel around myself, put the toilet seat down, put my head in my hands and sobbed. The tears were slow and hard, every single one of them hurt, every single one of them had a name attached to the pain. I think I might be healing a little bit.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by womaninprogress View Post
I'm right there with you. I couldn't have said it better myself.

:ghug3
Old 04-10-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think there just comes a point when it all hits us. I think the tears finally come and they are a mix of anger, resentment, and finally, one day, relief. I remember when it hit me for the first time. I almost felt like I was mourning for myself, for the years of turmoil. But I came out alive with 2 beautiful children and a pretty tuned eye for addicts. Knowing what I know now, I will never, ever, be in a situation like that ever again.
I'm happy for you today!
M
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyBetterWorld View Post
I think there just comes a point when it all hits us. I think the tears finally come and they are a mix of anger, resentment, and finally, one day, relief. I remember when it hit me for the first time. I almost felt like I was mourning for myself, for the years of turmoil. But I came out alive with 2 beautiful children and a pretty tuned eye for addicts. Knowing what I know now, I will never, ever, be in a situation like that ever again.
I'm happy for you today!
M
This post meant the world to me. Especially the part where you said, I'm happy for you today. It gave me so much hope!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's amazing how clear things become when you move away from the situation... I ask myself every day "Why in the h*ll did I put up with this crap for so long?!" Now, everything is so painfully obvious that I cannot believe I didn't see through all of the quacking before... but you live and you learn.

The first few days being out of home shared with AH were terrible - I screamed, I bawled like a baby, the whole nine yards. I agree with "mybetterworld," for me it was a mix of anger, resentment, etc.. BUT we just have to be glad that we finally get it now and are actively moving forward... but that doesn't mean we won't have bad days in the process.

For me, I feel like I'm over "being in love" with AH, but I'm not over allowing him to push my buttons and let the quacking nonsense get to me... getting there, ugh.

Hugs... xoxo
Old 04-10-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there friend. Life goes full circle. Sorrow and joy are part of the whole. It's never good when we're in one of life's many valleys, but we come out somehow better than we were when we went in. I know we're all trying very hard just to find peace each day. I hope you found yours, if only for a moment, today.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

what does ELLEN say as the blue fish in FINDING NEMO? just keep swimming, just keep swimming SWIM!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katiekate View Post
This morning I took a shower, got out, wrapped a towel around myself, put the toilet seat down, put my head in my hands and sobbed. The tears were slow and hard, every single one of them hurt, every single one of them had a name attached to the pain. I think I might be healing a little bit.
(((Katiekate)))

I'm right there with you. I started crying at 9pm tonight (it's now after midnight here), and haven't stopped since. What started it was meaningless really, but it triggered such unbelievable sadness and reality in me that I just can't stop. For some reason I haven't been able to cry recently. Maybe when you get used to putting on a brave face all the time, and bury your emotions so deeply, it takes them a while to come to the surface. It is always good to let it out.... hopefully the puffy face will have settled by the morning.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
(((Katiekate)))

I'm right there with you. I started crying at 9pm tonight (it's now after midnight here), and haven't stopped since. What started it was meaningless really, but it triggered such unbelievable sadness and reality in me that I just can't stop. For some reason I haven't been able to cry recently. Maybe when you get used to putting on a brave face all the time, and bury your emotions so deeply, it takes them a while to come to the surface. It is always good to let it out.... hopefully the puffy face will have settled by the morning.
You are precious
Old 04-10-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dvd5904 View Post
Life goes full circle. Sorrow and joy are part of the whole.
Thank you so much for reminding me of one of my favorite quotes.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked...
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain...
I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed. --Kahlil Gibran "The Prophet"
L
Old 04-10-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fourmaggie View Post
what does ELLEN say as the blue fish in FINDING NEMO? just keep swimming, just keep swimming SWIM!
I LOVE this! I say this to myself, actually, when I start to sink into an emotional black hole. I think the fish's name was Dori?
And to the OP: thank you for sharing today! I have had those kind of moments recently and I know it's a part of growth and a part of me finally coming out of denial. Sending you lots of support!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i am struck by how much your words sound like they could be mine

hugs to you
Old 04-11-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Feeling so much better this morning, just had to move through it.

Amazing stuff. Thanks for your support guys, it's everything right now.

xoxoxoox
Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katiekate View Post
You are precious
And you are a very kind (and also precious) person. Thank you Katiekate.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Glad to hear you are feeling better It feels great to have a place to share those raw emotions when they show up with others who understand what you are going through. Even better when you get through it and come out feeling just a bit more peaceful afterwards.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
I LOVE this! I say this to myself, actually, when I start to sink into an emotional black hole. I think the fish's name was Dori?
And to the OP: thank you for sharing today! I have had those kind of moments recently and I know it's a part of growth and a part of me finally coming out of denial. Sending you lots of support!
DORI!! thats it....when days are a blue day...i think of what DORI says...dunno why..but its in my head....
Old 04-11-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((KatieKate))) - I've been through this 3 times. I found out (thank you Anvilhead) that I was in a "comfortable uncomfort zone". I got used to being verbally and mentally abused. It felt comfortable, but also very uncomfortable.

It took me reading a LOT on the forums here to realize my part in it. I was as addicted to the dysfunction as I was to crack (I'm an RA). Thanks to all who post here, I've come to realize that dysfunction is NOT where I'm comfortable.

I still slip and slide, but I don't stay there very long, and I credit all the ES&H that I've gotten here for that.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy