Notices

Nervous about rehab

Old 04-09-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervous about rehab

If you remember, I went on a 2.5 week bender and went to the hospital. I set up an appointment for a local rehab place. I don't know much about what will happen but I'm nervous as h3ll. First, I don't know if the state will pay for it because I can't afford it. What happens if I do it and in a few days I hate it and want to leave.

My mind is everywhere now.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All I can speak to is my own rehab experience. I really needed it to get sober. The detox was brutal and 28 days off the hamster wheel was entirely necessary to my survival. I hope it works out for you financially. Go in with an open mind and get the most out of it you can.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

SOBERINNEPA with the financial I don't have. I can't pay for it and not even down payments. I have credit card debt and student loans to pay. I'm really not working now and having a DUI pending at this moment which was over 15 months now. Parents will not pay for it and I have IRS on me too for not paying my taxes.

I use to be really good with money. Save it up a lot like over $25k but spent it on alcohol and not working. Good thing I've never file for bankrupt.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The only way to get back on track financially is to give up drinking it sounds like... don't worry about the cost of rehab... just try to get in if you can!! When you're sober money will be a lot easier to manage I guarantee!! The thing about debt... if you just come clean and explain to the debtors your situation the law can help you manage it. The key is just to be open and honest about it.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
I set up an appointment for a local rehab place. First, I don't know if the state will pay for it because I can't afford it. What happens if I do it and in a few days I hate it and want to leave.
When you go for the appointment, ask about the financial responsibilities. They will tell you.

What happens if you hate it and want to leave??? ..... You stay anyway because if you don't your life as you know it right now will get seriously worse.
We all hate rehab at one time or another.

I wish you well.

Bob R
Old 04-09-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

AP...I am very happy to learn of your upcoming rehab. My heart has gone out to you each time you've relapsed over the past year. I hope you will go back over your posts and see what a difficult path you've traveled, and recognize that rehab is the best possible thing you could do for yourself. Don't worry about the finances. Get sober first, and give rehab your all.

You have my thoughts and prayers. Please hand your anxieties over rehab to God, and let Him handle them.