Told family

Old 04-08-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Told family

Well i did it , icalled my A/H (Joe) sister and told her everything that has happened.While i was talking,she said Joe called their mother and left message from the young meth addict phone. His mother didnt answer because his sister got to her first and told her hes addidted to meth. I tild them not to give him any money what so ever. They said the wouldnt at all. I have never told them what was going on becausr i thought he would get it togeather, their not real close. Anyway while i was talking to his sister he pulled up. Jake and i was working outside. Joe got out , said he came to get some clothes. Iwas so mad at him being around this girl, i told him he wasnt getting s***. He tried to get by me and i wouldnt let him. Told him to let hismeth girl friend buy him clothes. He said its not like that were Friends. Yea right. Well next came some pushing, screaming on my part, he did nothing bkeep saying he wanted some clothes. He left when i threaten to throw a brick thru his windshield. Crazy ,i know, just snapped. He left and i just stood there and broke down crying, then pulled it togeather and finished mowing grass. Then, im a little embarressed , i texted this girl, and said ... she better pray to god i dont see her. Can u imagine, at my age. But i meant it. Now im really depressed and still mad. So everybody, did i handle it the wrong way? IM beating my self up. Hey TMZ, he didnt get his clothes
Old 04-08-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TMZ

It's good you can openly tell the other family members about his disease. It is best to be prepared, as they say forewarned is forearmed.
You let him get you angry/mad, you lost control.

You have to be careful confronting a person on meth thy are extremely strong and dangerous when using. {Even the police have a protocol for dealing with a person on meth, usually involves no less than three officers. }
I think you need to put his cloths in a plastic bag and put it out on the porch or some where dry that if this situation arises again he can get it without going into the house. {somewhere he can see it if your not home.}

Remember you can only control you. And when you get mad or angry you loose control of the situation.
Just keep repeating the serenity prayer. .......and the wisdom to know the difference.

Sorry this happened on Easter of all days.
Be well,
Old 04-08-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well jolinda, you're not the first codependent to have a hysterical, explosive confrontation with an addict spouse. This forum is packed with such stories. So don't "beat yourself up" ..... you do not need to be feeling that shame. Your out-of-control behavior is the result of traumatic experience with an addict and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

But now you are calmed down, back to earth, and we hope you can face the hard truth that your meth addict husband is capable of killing both you and Jake in any confrontation like the one that happened today, if he's on speed when he shows up.

I know you are about to see a counselor, which is great. You'll get some good advice. Keep getting better, jolinda. And read up on meth addict psychosis so you will know who you are dealing with.

Let us know how the counseling goes. We are with you.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TMZ View Post
You have to be careful confronting a person on meth thy are extremely strong and dangerous when using. {Even the police have a protocol for dealing with a person on meth, usually involves no less than three officers. }
I think you are confusing meth with angel dust or PCP. PCP will turn you into the incredible hulk minus the green skin and of course you don't acually grow.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure lots of drugs can exacerbate violent/aggressive tendencies in people. It's related to dopamine production isn't it?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windmills View Post
I'm pretty sure lots of drugs can exacerbate violent/aggressive tendencies in people. It's related to dopamine production isn't it?
But they don't make you physically strong as an ox like PCP does.