Notices

3-7-11 meeting?

Old 04-08-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3-7-11 meeting?

I went to my first meeting last wednesday and then another this morning. I really liked this morning's meeting and I want to go again. They have another meeting tonight, but it says it is a 3-7-11 meeting. I looked up to see what it means and it looks like it is a steps meeting. It also says it is closed. Would I be welcome at that meeting?
Old 04-08-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah...You can go...Steps 3, 7 and 11...The three most spritual steps....If I was there...I'd go with you...

PS....Glad you liked this mornings meeting...I was hitting two or three a day when I started....I like meetings.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you have a desire to quit drinking, you are welcome at a closed AA meeting. An open meeting is open to anyone, family members, students, etc.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Closed means it's not open to everybody....Members only....You're a member...Enjoy it!!
Old 04-08-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There is another meeting somewhere else a little later. I thought about it too much, so I am going to try yet another meeting location. Someone at my first meeting did tell me try different ones. I just don't know if I am ready for the spiritual side.

Though, I did about cry during the "Our Father" prayer this morning.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ph3314 View Post
Though, I did about cry during the "Our Father" prayer this morning.
That's a good start...Try the other meeting...You need to get the first step done anyway...You reading the Big Book at all?
Old 04-08-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not yet. I am going to a steps meeting tonight, hoping to get a better understanding of the whole process. Maybe I will actually talk to someone this time.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ph3314 View Post
Not yet. I am going to a steps meeting tonight, hoping to get a better understanding of the whole process. Maybe I will actually talk to someone this time.
If you want to talk you can...Nobody will force you...Just take it as it comes...Some nice people right? Ask somebody if you can get a book..
Old 04-08-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ok. That was my favorite meeting so far. When I started thinking about this morning's meeting afterwards, it made me think. Not one person introduced themselves to me this morning. It was a larger group, probably 50 people at least. My last meeting and tonight, everyone obviously knew each other and knew that I was never there before. I had at least 5 people come up to me, tonight one even gave me her phone number.

So, I still like this morning's group, but it has shown me why people might go to different meeting places. I have gotten something different out of each meeting and the people there. Really glad that I went.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cool....Did you go to the 3-7-11 meeting?
Old 04-08-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'll tell you another thing about meetings....You could go back to the same meeting you weren't crazy about again and it could be better than all of them....That's why it's good to mix it up...Pick one you really like and make that your homegroup....It's good to have a base...Become a part of it. And then just check out different ones with different times and topics to keep it interesting. I'm glad you like them though...You'll get to know these people and make some great friends.