Notices

Day 15

Old 04-07-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 15

This weekend is usually festival time here on my island. Today is the massive food fair on the street. There is live music all day, food, DRINKS!!! I usually start my annual Easter binge today...

I prceeded to head out the road to the fair. Got me a nice box of food. Made an about turn, and here I am The phone has been ringing all morning. "Buddies" calling me to join them in the "fun". Thing is, I am having fun. Building and learning some new songs, doing laundry, and watching cricket on the tele...

On a more serious note, I attended my second AA meeting on Wednesday. I must admit, I was bored silly after the first 15 mins. I still cannot see how AA is going to help me, but I will continue to attend...

Anyhow, I am still here. 15 days clean, no urge to drink, feeling good, and being productive... Thank you all for the support and counsel...
Old 04-07-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

15 days! Woooohoooo! Congratulations ovrock!

Maybe check out a different meeting?

Happy sober holiday weekend!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done! Day 15. Glad to hear you are feeling good. And you are having fun, doing what you want to do. Great. Keep it up.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 15 days Rock...Maybe a different meeting?...Hang in there....Sounds like your doing great....What do you got?...Carnival going on?....There is a true test for you!...Keep going!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Congrats on 15 days Rock...Maybe a different meeting?...Hang in there....Sounds like your doing great....What do you got?...Carnival going on?....There is a true test for you!...Keep going!
Well I tried all the meetings there are here (one on each island).

Yeah, its carnival time on this island. Not going to attend any events this year... I am on "sickleave"
Old 04-07-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Try them more than once...Maybe you can add something to them....If it's not for you...Try something else....I'm glad I didn't have to deal with carnival on day 15...I'm proud of you.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you're having a good day and that you're going to give the meetings a fair shot before you stop going Island life... sigh. Lucky!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Try them more than once...Maybe you can add something to them....If it's not for you...Try something else....I'm glad I didn't have to deal with carnival on day 15...I'm proud of you.
I am holding to my word. Not going to stop just yet. I told you, I will try anything this time, and I meant it.

re: Carnival. If it was Trinidad Carnival, I do not know what I would do. But so far, this is not affecting me. Doubt it will..
Old 04-07-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
Glad you're having a good day and that you're going to give the meetings a fair shot before you stop going Island life... sigh. Lucky!!!
Island life has its downside too.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
So it goes

Well done on 15 keep it up.!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ovrock View Post
I told you, I will try anything this time, and I meant it.
I could tell you wanted it this time...I think it's great you're trying it....Like I said...If all you are getting out of it is boredom....At least you're not drinking...You can always try something else....You read the book at all?....Does that make any sense to you?...I'm just really happy you've made it two weeks....I bet if you could put everyone on that island in a lineup right now...I could pick you out...Ha!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LDT

Really fine, Ovrock! I might know how you are feeling. I got sober during a Louisiana Mardi Gras, which is a notorious drinking holiday. Stay the course, friend. Shout out if you need to.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LDT View Post
Really fine, Ovrock! I might know how you are feeling. I got sober during a Louisiana Mardi Gras, which is a notorious drinking holiday. Stay the course, friend. Shout out if you need to.
Same kind of insanity...I admire you both...
Old 04-07-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I could tell you wanted it this time...I think it's great you're trying it....Like I said...If all you are getting out of it is boredom....At least you're not drinking...You can always try something else....You read the book at all?....Does that make any sense to you?...I'm just really happy you've made it two weeks....I bet if you could put everyone on that island in a lineup right now...I could pick you out...Ha!
I doubt it. The first day I went to the rehab facility for my first meeting with my counselor, they asked me who I was there to visit. I had to tell them I had an appointment with the counselor. The lady was in disbelief...
Old 04-07-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I doubt it. The first day I went to the rehab facility for my first meeting with my counselor, they asked me who I was there to visit. I had to tell them I had an appointment with the counselor. The lady was in disbelief...
Why is that?,,,,I was referring to how many sober people are walking around Gorda today....I've stumbled through a few of those in the USVI's...
Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Why is that?,,,,I was referring to how many sober people are walking around Gorda today....I've stumbled through a few of those in the USVI's...
Ohhhh, I misinterpreted. Actually it will be a bit tempered this year due to the death of a very well known elder this week.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ohhhh, I misinterpreted. Actually it will be a bit tempered this year due to the death of a very well known elder this week.
Sorry to hear that...It could be good for you though...How many people are you getting at these meetings?....Tortola for instance?....Have you tried to go to one in St. Thomas?
Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Had about 15-20 people there. St Thomas is a hassle to go....
Old 04-07-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Had about 15-20 people there. St Thomas is a hassle to go....
Not a length you're willing to go to?
Old 04-07-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done on 15 days ovrock

D