A little better

Old 04-07-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little better

Went to a meeting last night with my daughter. A n/a meeting. It was a little better, than the last.Im really trying to get it and most i do get. But i dont feel any connection with anyone. Should you feel a connection? There are only 2 people in the group (its new).I believe in god (or higher power) but one person all she talked about is god. I get , turning everything over to god but sometimes thats really difficult. I need help dealing with my situation now. Ipray and pray 50 times aday for help. So can anyone tell me am i off track. Is this what n/a is all about? I try to take one day at a time, but im a planner. Got to plan for the future. Maybe i dont get it, im so confused.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jolinda, did you go to NA (Narcotics Anonymous) or Nar-anon, I ask because one is to help the addicts and the second to help us.

Also, I found that searching a few meetings helped me find the one where I was most comfortable. Al-Anon had more meetings in my area than Nar-Anon, and both were very good. In the end there was a large CoDA (Codependents Anonymous) group that just felt like "home" and it became my home fellowship, although I continued to visit other meetings as well.

It takes time at any meeting, to find our balance and decide if this is the right meeting for us. I promise it is worth the search and the perseverance, the reward has been life giving to many of us.

Hugs
Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Iwent to a nar-anon meeting . I really dont know what all these meeting mean , can anyone help?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I started going to meetings several years ago. And stopped because I didn't think I was getting anything out of it. It was not until I reached a state of desperation that I just kept on going because people told me to keep going back until it made sense to me. I needed help and was willing to do anything to get it. People said "it works if you work it" so I did.

I had reached a state of such confusion that nothing made sense to me for a long time. But I kept going anyway. I finally began to not let what other people said bother me and began to look at the meetings like a gold mining expedition. If I got one little gold nugget of information or enlightenment, it was worth MY weight in gold. I began to understand the meaning of putting principles above personalities.

My suggestion to anyone who is suffering from the shrapnel of someone else's addiction is to keep going back unless they simply aren't ready to stop suffering. If you go to several meetings and you don't begin to connect to anyone, try a different meeting. I find that different meetings have different dynamics. But I also find little gold nuggets at all of them.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-07-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TMZ

It's a new group and a small meeting. Keep going and as the group gets larger you will feel a connection to some. I know of the group and will attend there next meeting also.

"Our program is not a religious one but a spiritual way of life. It is based on the 12 steps of Nar-anon. We urge you to take this program and it's twelve steps seriously. " From the Nar-anon blue booklet. ( newcomers welcome.)

For today; take it one day at a time.
For tomorrow ; take it one day at a time.
For the rest of the week; take it one day at a time.
For the rest of the month; take it one day at a time.
There I have planed the rest of the month out for you. Why because you never know what the A is going to do to try to mess things up. So one day at a time to start.
Slowly you will understand, and a new person will emerge.

Check out this link, some people in my group like getting these e-mails; Just For Today Daily Meditation Subscriptions

keep going back. It works when you work it and your worth it.