Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I would like to share the following conversation I had last night at a buddhist forum. My personal believes are, that, addiction is only a form of expression of a deeper underlying problem.

I know what my problem is, for a long long time, still looking for a way to cope. (still sober, day...uhm..8? allready...awesome. could be seven)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

suffering...(title thread)

I see suffering everywere, continious cirkels of neverending conditioned beheavirol patterns...

(im not english sorry)

Im amazed, and shocked, and HURT....
In my attempts....to save, and waken up , I rattle too much cages,

sometimes that is.

buddha says compassion is the key...
why do my instincts urge me to do more and faster..

we're running out of time...

advice?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I must ask, why do you believe we are running out of time? There is no time limit on samsara (I believe), and unlike many other faiths I don't believe Buddhasim teaches the end of the world and the need to convert others. I think the idea is to work on yourself...and if you help other along the way great
(person 1)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm not

society

the western world

the fabrics are

tearing

this is not just recession

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
why

history repeats itself

we're at the fall...all the signs are there
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it could be...it's just too much...samsara that is...suffering..

need to filter it out for myself..

i try to save everyone and everybody

maybe just try to save a few...or myself...
The Bodhisattva vows are vows to do the impossible. “Sentient beings are numberless, I vow to save them.” That sort of thing.
It will always be that way. Our vows are impossible to fulfill.

I think what we vow is exactly what you describe. We vow to be compassionate while knowing that suffering is absolutely not going away any day soon.
(person 2)
thank you this made me cry a bit....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome.

(person 2)
relief u know...

thanks.
I think everyone here understands suffering is not going away... Still slightly confused! But glad your feeling bettet
(person 1)
yeah I know we all suffer....

but....SEEING it all around you....

I can almost put a spoon in the air so thick the vibes are it'll get stuck and float...

i'm not depressed or any mentall illness...got me tested plenty...on all kinds of different stuff.
Some people are very sensitive to the suffering of others, almost psychic. I have no advice on how to deal with this, except to learn to filter some of it out, so it doesn't overwhelm you. The mind is constantly filtering and prioritizing sensory input, you know. If it didn't, we would be overwhelmed by all the input, and would be paralyzed, unable to think or act. It sounds like you have an extra sense that the mind isn't filtering.
(person 3)
I think...
Im ready.....
And I need..

to take my vows now...

after eight years of lay-practise