Counting down the days...

Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Counting down the days...

I posted my story a week or so ago on here and I just wanted to say that I absolutely "love" getting on here and reading everyone's posts and getting feedback from the people that are/have been where I am. It makes me laugh, cry, and I just feel at home here. People that actually "get me" and my wild and crazy life!

Divorce date is coming up on the 17th and although I'm anxious to get this over with...I will have to admit that I'm saddened to the fact that I wasted 10 yrs of my life living on a hope and also that I feel like I'm losing my best friend/my worst enemy. Towards the end, it felt like I was just waiting patiently for him to "screw up" again--that's all I ever done was wait it out because I knew it was coming and that is a feeling that I will never miss.

Going strong with the NO CONTACT (except for his son)...almost a month and I also posted the "What addicts do" on my mirror so every single time I look in the mirror I have a reminder of what I'm walking away from...FINALLY!

I have made me an appt with an addictions counselor and I'll be going to my first session with him in 2 wks...hopefully he can help me to learn how to co-parent easier, help me in my recovery as a "codie" and give me some helpful insight on how to steer my son in another direction. It's in his blood and I feel like if his father has any influence in his life it's going to be negative. Maybe he will just disappear---we can only hope!