Notices

Three people that went out at my HG

Old 04-03-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three people that went out at my HG

-one shot himself in the head
-one was passed out in the road and driven over by a car. He is not expected to make it
-one was found od'ing in a ditch. She lived but has violated felony probation and most likely going to prison

This was all last week. In one small town north of Atlanta.

This disease wants us dead. This has scared me so much.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

WOW, that's very sad... Keep faith in sobriety for sure.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Prayers

Yes it does Elizabeth. If we dont get it, there are three things waiting for our type.

The Icehouse
The Bighouse
The Nuthouse.

Stay on the beam.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It DOES want us dead. Then it wins! What you have posted it horrifying, but it is what is waiting for any of us that don't take alcoholism seriously.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
-one shot himself in the head
-one was passed out in the road and driven over by a car. He is not expected to make it
-one was found od'ing in a ditch. She lived but has violated felony probation and most likely going to prison

This was all last week. In one small town north of Atlanta.

This disease wants us dead. This has scared me so much.
Thank you for posting this E.

I bet none of those tragedies were caused by too many meetings or too many prayers.

Wishing the best to all.

Bob R
Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through those losses. I will be praying for you and your group.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Thank you for sharing. It is scary the places we can take ourselves. But we can only use these tragedies as reminders to stay on our beam. Wishing you the best...
Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your friends Elizabeth - prayers for them and their families and loved ones.

D
Old 04-04-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
I bet none of those tragedies were caused by too many meetings or too many prayers.
Or from doing the steps...Or from making the changes that need to be made. We have six or seven picture frames on the walls of our homegroup...They're collages of people that have died from our group....People I never knew....The group's been around a long time....Three different locations in this town...Always kept the same name. People at pinics...At AA parties...Holidays.....So many of them....Some people just want to hold onto their identities...Aren't willing to change....It's tragic.
Somebody shared yesterday about a guy they found dead behind a dumpster....He was kicked out of the homeless shelter he was staying in...Because he wouldn't lose some ridiculous hat that he wore...They wanted him to get rid of it....He wouldn't do it....They found him OD'd behind a fricken dumpster...He wouldn't change. I see so many people come in and out of this room...And that homeless shelter....From alcohol and drugs...That I never see again...They don't make it on the wall. I don't know what happens to them. I guess they either change...Or they don't.
This happened to be one of the readings that was read yesterday morning...We don't read it a lot....It's by Clarence Snyder...One of the founding members of AA...Should be one of the founding fathers...This came out in 1963...It was fitting for yesterday. Maybe you want to read it in your group someday Elisabeth....

“There have been millions and millions of alcoholics stagger across the face of this earth. They have lived and died in alcoholism. They have died, and they have carried down in disgrace, families, friends, and associates with them. They have caused carnage in this world, and they have died hopelessly. It’s been a tragedy.

Out of all these millions of people, therefore, why? You tell me why just a few thousand of us have this opportunity. Why are we chosen for this? Why am I chosen for this? Why do I get this chance? Why do you get this chance when thousands and thousands and millions and millions of other people never had this chance and there are probably millions around who never will or never shall? Ask yourself this, sometime. It might put a new value on your membership here.

These are the things we ought to check ourselves with once and awhile. I think it’s a miracle that any of us are here. ‘Cause no one ever gets here until he’s hopelessly lost.’”

Why is He doing this for me?

Clarence S. - 1963