Notices

New to this :(

Old 04-03-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this :(

Hello,

I'm new and would like to hear what others have to say.....

I have been married to my husband for almost 10 years now and he has been fighting addiction for 9 years. He has been in rehab 7 times and still goes back to his pills (Vic's).

We have two kids 8 and 6 years old, My son was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 in 2009. My son goes through hell and back with his diabetes on a daily Bases. BUT that still don't make my husband (stop) and do whats right for him and his son.

I have been thought hell with this man.....He has pound the kids WII, DSL'S and has stole money left and right from us. Last year he went and filed tax's with out telling me and claimed one of my kids and got all that money back and spent it on PILLS.

He lies about everything!!! He even has his own family and dad giving him pills<-------SAD part is them people have nothing to do with my kids....ONLY HIM.

Out of the 9 years he was clean for two years....He had a sponsor that helped him get clean<-----long story short his sponsor moved away and my husband went right back to doing pills.

Well two months ago my husband went to rehab for the 7th time and when he came out he went to a meeting and his old sponsor was there....I thought to my self (god is looking out for us now)....WRONG because the last two months his sponsor has been working hard with him BUT my husband keeps turning back to the pills.

Me and his sponsor have cought him lying and getting the pills and every time he tells us both he is going to stop for real this time<------I don't see that happening.

I'm at the END of all i can take!!! I feel so alone and used and unloved....Not sure how someone can look another person in the face and say they love you. JUST to turn around and go get a pill.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on me and tell me if there is ever a time to REALLY believe someone can get help.

used and abused
Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

Try scrolling down from the Newcomer's Forum to the Friends & Family Forum for support!

Glad you are here!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome love1999

I'm really sorry for your situation - I can;t image how difficult that must be.

You'll find a lot of support here tho - and like Sugarbear said we do have forums where you'll find people who have gone, or are still going through, what you are.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I hope you'll check that out too

D
Old 04-03-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!