Hello I introduced my self already

Old 04-03-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello I introduced my self already

Hello,

I introduced my self already but was told I should again here, so.

I lived in a family full of addiction and I am steel having issues with what I went through, so I looked online for resources and found this place.

Thank you.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Welcome Mandy .
Old 04-03-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Double post..
Old 04-03-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Mandy. Are you still living with your alcoholic/addicted parent? What are you dealing with?

I have been married and have my own family for decades now but the impact shaped who I am. It is a great comfort to "meet" others who grew up like I did. Be sure to read the posts above that are "stickies" they have a lot of good info. and feel free to read my blog, click on the number under my name.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kialua View Post
Hi Mandy. Are you still living with your alcoholic/addicted parent? What are you dealing with?

I have been married and have my own family for decades now but the impact shaped who I am. It is a great comfort to "meet" others who grew up like I did. Be sure to read the posts above that are "stickies" they have a lot of good info. and feel free to read my blog, click on the number under my name.
Will hun, I have a rare movement disorder and metal illness. and my issues in life I can't let my past go I have been through allot of abuse when I was a child and it caused my mental illness, and no I live on my own with help from the Government, but I deal with that very well that's why I needed to find a place like this, others do help I can't do it alone so I don't.

And thank you everyone for your warm welcomes it's so nice to now I'm not alone.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for re-introducing yourself! If you haven't already noticed, there's some great wisdom here.

Welcome!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No you're not alone, we all have suffered in one way or another. My alcoholic Dad was a physical beater and beat me and most of my siblings daily till we left home at 18 and told to never come back. He drank till he was 80 and arrested for trying to shoot my enabling Mom, sent to lockup treatment. Then died sober 4 years later from Alzheimer's. I have a sibling that was so severely beat that she ended up with institutionalized Schizophrenia which some of her doctors suspect was brought on by head injury.

Have you gone to any ACoA meetings or done any counseling? What has helped you?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for re-introducing yourself! If you haven't already noticed, there's some great wisdom here.

Welcome!
Anytime hun and I can see that by the posts I've read.

Originally Posted by Kialua View Post
No you're not alone, we all have suffered in one way or another. My alcoholic Dad was a physical beater and beat me and most of my siblings daily till we left home at 18 and told to never come back. He drank till he was 80 and arrested for trying to shoot my enabling Mom, sent to lockup treatment. Then died sober 4 years later from Alzheimer's. I have a sibling that was so severely beat that she ended up with institutionalized Schizophrenia which some of her doctors suspect was brought on by head injury.

Have you gone to any ACoA meetings or done any counseling? What has helped you?
Your story is very close to mine hun I was abused by my grandmother for many years, and my mom and dad were very big drug addicts they even made the drugs in our home for six years, till they got divorced. I got my mental illness the same way your sister did from abuse my grandmother did to me. There are people who are more sicker then the ones you see in metal hospitals who aren't in the metal hospitals. And yes I have been to many meetings with my family and some friends in my life as will. My mom and sepdad are very big in AA and NA so my resources are very much out there plus I had the idea to join here because I knew about groups online so I was looking and found this place. I also have been to alot of counseling I even go to groups here in my hometown with mental health and they are awesome. I may be the only one who loves to go to groups it's the way it makes me fell, like I'm at home.

I would like to thank you all again for your kindness and open arms.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow you have some really great resources. Hope the site here and us become another one!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you hun hope so, it seams it already mite be.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Mandy,

Welcome to you, I am so glad you are here.

This forum is a safe, supportive and wonderful place.

Friends and Family and some of the other forums are a little more rough and tumble than this one.

Thank your for sharing your story, it is very brave of you, I think you will find as you read here that the stories stay much the same, only the names, faces, and places change.

If you need to rant, some propping up, or just a big vurtual hug, we will be here for you.

Have a great day,

Bill