Notices

help

Old 04-02-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question help

starting the process of getting clean, and need help! I've been addicted to opiates for about 4 yrs now and had almost a month clean, then had a root canal and got pain pills. I used them better than I normally would of, not trying to get high but I'm struggling with the thought that I wasted three weeks and now have to start over. I'm a mother of two young children 2 1/2 and three months, and I also have chronic pain. I'm so stuck in a rut, dealing with post partum as well. Really need some support!

tx sarah
Old 04-02-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi and welcome Sarah
I'm not familiar with pain pill addiction myself but you'll find a lot of support, both here & in our substance abuse forum too

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Have you seem anyone, like a Dr, about your addiction or the depression at all?

D
Old 04-02-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Please see a doctor. What we eat/take ends up in breast milk, too.

Best wishes,
Old 04-02-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

other than alcohol, my last DOC was opium and vicadens,

I have been clean for 16 years now. I do NA. it has provided me with all the f2f support i could ever need. I have seen many moms come into the rooms and latch on to that program- rest assured , there are folk just like you in NA.

You never HAVE to use again. hugs.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sarah, does your doctor know what's happening ? If you get with the NA folks in Canton they would be able to help you a lot.
Have you been to Dr. Bob's in Akron? That's where the 12 Steps were born.
All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-02-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am in treatment for the post partum, not urrently for the chronic pain though. Iim in the process of getting new dr's. Sugarbear, I don't breastfeed due to meds I'm on. My bf and I are getting clean togehter, though he's doung the suboxone program. I'm trying to do it without medicinal help in that respect. I'm all for meeting and things like though, I used to go to meeting for cutting a long time ago. I'm ot sure who I am right now? How to be motivated, I'm still taking care of things, just feel like I'm dragging through the day.im going to talk to my psyh dr on the tenth about the pills
Old 04-03-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Welcome to our forums.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you get your energy back as you continue your recovery.

It sounds like you have a good plan.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

tx everyone, to be honest it's not as hard as I thought it would be, it feels more natural this way. I still get mental cravings but knowing I didn't do what I would normally with the recent pain pills gives me hope. I'm also grateful that they didn't get me high, just took away the pain and made me groggy. I think my body is just tired now, and that's a good thing. Prob would of completely relapsed if it hadn't turned out that way. It's not scary anymore thank god, luckily I've never been through physical wd's or I don't know what I would of done. I'm starting to feel better, more notivated tto get back into the self help and exploration I was so into before. I want to be good mum and gf more than anything I've ever wanted. I just have to get over the false guilt I feel about taking care of myself and not always putting other people first. Co dependent I suppose, I know I have to take care of me to be able to take care of anyone else, but the guilt gets to me, any suggestions?
Old 04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Although it's not specifically about recovery, this is a great explanation of why what you're doing is not only healthy, it's right

Soul Focus on Women - Why I Put My Oxygen Mask on First

D