It didnt have to happen

Old 03-31-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It didnt have to happen

Hello friends

its been a while, life has been moving along some good times, some bad AS has been clean for about a month now on his own but i see him struggling I have a gut feeling hell be back to using again soon, if nothing changes nothing changes right??, time will tell Ive learned that gut feelings are the best proof anyone needs no drug test will give you better results, im just trying to figure out what i do next if and when the *** hits the fan. Anyway I came on here because a beautiful boy of 18 overdosed on pills a few days ago, one of my sons friends and i kept thinking, it didnt have to happen....my prayers go out to his family, and to all our addicts out there , it doesnt have to happen!!!!........
Old 03-31-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear of yet another overdose in such a young life. Prayers for his family and all of our addicted loved ones and those who love them.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-31-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((lonelystar))) - I'm so sorry to hear of another young life lost to addiction

As far was what you're going to do if/when something happens? I don't think we ever know, but the more we focus on ourselves, the answer seems to come. I was the raging codie that turned to addiction to deal with it? NOT my best move, but in the end? I knew I couldn't "do it any more" - both my addiction and my codependency. I still slip and slide into codie-land, but I don't stay there long and come here to get re-grounded.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-31-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers go out too for that young man and all who loved him. How tragic and sad that addiction steals our loved ones so quickly and unfairly.

Your son is in my prayers also, that this helps him find a better path.

Hugs
Old 03-31-2012, 11:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting - you are absolutely right... It doesn't have to happen!!!

Sometimes I really wished we were so far advanced in knowing the human brain, that we could literally HEAL all people from addiction issues - that we could give ourselves true peace of mind and release ourselves from worry and stress of others.

What a grander place it would be eh?! This forum would not exist and man, though I have found solace in my darkest hours here, I can't wait until that day happens where addiction becomes extinct. It's a dream... but I think a good one to have, no?

Hugs !!