Notices

depress now

Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

depress now

I'm feeling so depress now. Having trouble putting the bottle down. it's mean about 8 days. Don't know why I keep putting myself through this crap!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear this. I hope you can get back to sobriety. I'm rooting for you.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I too am rooting for you. Maybe nows a good time to pour the bottle out, drink some water and start again.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
Don't know why I keep putting myself through this crap!
I didn't either Act1on....I finally had to say...I can't live like this anymore...I had to ask for help....Shut my mouth and open my ears....Listen to somebody else for a change.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm pulling for you too! I know what's it like to be stuck at the bottom of that bottle and I would just keep thinking "what the hell, have another one, you've come this far". BUT I did put it down and got myself to an AA meeting, posted on here, worked out ... whatever it takes. It's a daily fight.

Maybe check out the AVRT information here. It somehow helped me to picture my little demon as just that ..... a demon.

I haven't been sober long and I'm still stumbling. I understand my friend!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're depressed, the worst thing you can do is keep drinking on it act10N....it will get worse not better.

Why not make today day one?

D
Old 03-30-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Yeah Alcohol is a depressant and when we drink when we are depressed it makes it almost suicidal. Why we keep drinking is that we are Alcoholics. There is a way out.

There is no requirement except the desire to stop drinking.

If we can not drink Just For Today ... One Day At A Time ...
Than you too can do this deal for 24hrs at a time. That is all that any of us have.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
I'm feeling so depress now. Having trouble putting the bottle down. it's mean about 8 days. Don't know why I keep putting myself through this crap!
Action, are you going to meetings, have a sponsor, a Home Group?

We put ourselves through "this crap" so we can come out the other side sober and sane.
In reality, 8 days is nothing if you are an alcoholic like me.
I heard a speaker once say that his psychologist told him he was a sick puppy... that it would take him 5 years to find his marbles and another 5 to learn how to play with them. I am the same as that man !

It says in AA's "How It Works" Half measures availed us nothing. I truly hope that you, to the best of your ability, have got down on your knees and asked God to remove the vestiges of your old life and give you the strength and desire to embrace the AA life.

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 03-30-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Chance is right. Alcohol is a depressant that is intended to be drunk in moderation. Whether it's genetics or even just God's plan, we alcoholics lack the concept of moderation so we just drink and drink and drink... The more we drink the more depressed we get. The best thing that you can do is take whatever bottles you have, go to the kitchen sink, pour them out, and start afresh.

Do you go to AA? I've only been going for about 3 days and it's already helping me immensely. SR is a good resource for getting help when you're in the danger zone and feel like you need a drink but it doesn't compare to the response time associated with AA where you can call a fellow member for support and actually talk with him/her. I've probably got about two dozen phone numbers to call for when I start to slide.

I've also found that humor helps a lot too. We all have an albatross around our necks (Rime of the Ancyent Marinere) why not laugh at it? For example, my wife and I now refer to the couch where I urinated myself during my alcohol induced seizure as the "Wasteland" . Being able to poke fun at yourself like that shows that you are better than your alcoholism and it will brighten your mood. Don't be ashamed of the alcoholism that you can't control. Shame leads to depression which leads to drinking which leads to more depression.

Good luck and God bless.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Get rid of the supply, dry out for a few days, and then get cracking on something that will keep you from going back. I recall you saying you don't want to go to AA, and that you were going to SOS meetings? Just sitting around waiting for the other shoe to drop does not appear to suffice for you.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, I agree that the alcohol is going to continue to make the depression worse, until and unless you stop drinking. You're caught in the downward spiral.

Focus on not drinking today and making the changes in your life today that will enable you to get through the day without drinking.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

It seems that if you are drinking and feeling depressed, maybe the drink isn't working now?

You keep drinking and trying not to, then berating yourself for drinking again....seems like you have a cycle of self contempt going on.....

I wish you happiness and sobriety!!