Never knew he's cocaine addict

Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
IsItAlright

Never knew he's cocaine addict

I just saw a recent picture of the kid in the film "Home Alone". He's so skinny because of drug. And this was always the typical image of addict on my mind.

But my exABF is kind of fat!! I could never ever related him with drugs until he told me about it... & his friends who are doing coke with him are all fat... Perhaps I just didn't knew about it as I was a normie...
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
IsItAlright

& i become skinny now as I couldn't eat after all the trauma... I look like an addict rather than him...
Old 03-30-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

He admittedly has wrestled with demons of addiction, but I am hoping that he has or can overcome this. Addiction affects different people in different ways, many get bloated (think Elvis Presley), many lose a lot of weight, and many don't appear much different, at least in early addiction.

Lets all say a prayer for McAuley and all addicts who struggle, that they can find a better path.

Hugs
Old 03-30-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My xah is a cocaine addict. He won't admit it, and the one thing he said to me was, "look at me I'm fat, I'm not snorting cocaine". But he is. Everyone is different. Signs of his use were his nose. He had a cold that never went away and his nose was always cracked. He was always taking cold medicine. And of course behavior, lying stealing and cheating. Now, I can always when tell he is using because ofhis stuffed up nose. Who nose! I hope he finds help and I hope you can get out without too much pain.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ps_ I lost 20 pounds in 3 months going thru it. I couldn't eat either. take care
Old 03-30-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I too have been on the "my husband's addicted to cocaine diet". I've lost 17 lbs in 6 weeks! That is the ONLY good thing that has come out of it! Sorry, but I doubt I will ever complain about losing weight. I wasn't overweight before, but what woman doesn't want to lose a few lbs? My husband stayed "slim", but he is a huge guy anyway (6'4" about 225). He is 38 years old and has never had weight issues. But he never got rail thin either while using. He just stayed about the same. He was using almost daily towards the end, so I guess he made up for times of not eating on days that he didn't use? Maybe their body gets used to it? Heck if I know.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My XAH is also a cocaine addict. He is big, not skinny. He has used cocaine for 6 years that I know of. Looking back, constant cold, cold sores around mouth and nose. Of course the signs of the dwindling bank account and never having money.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Farfalla and others,
I now look back at the never ending cold and think "how stupid could i have been?" My husband was constantly blowing his nose, breathing loud, congested as all get out. I still can't believe i didn't get it, HOWEVER, I was recently informed he has used consistently since I met him 8 years ago.....so until now, I never knew he could breathe normal.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes my AH had the "flu" he would say. Intimately it starts to impact their performance as well. I started finding erectile dysfunction drugs.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
IsItAlright

Yes... The constant cold and sickness plus diarhea. He also always blows his nose. I thought it's just allergy. And always gets sick. I wondered why a big guy would be such weak. He always told me that he got food poisoning. I was so silly that I always took care of him, brought him food during my lunch break, bought him medicine at 4am, etc... Only recently I just read that diarrhea is a side effect of coke. No wonder.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yup, I was so dumb I bought him smoothies, took care of him and begged him to get some rest. I even felt guilty because he was working so hard. Meanwhile, he was cheating and lying and snorting. It seems to go up and down now...although I maybe see him once a week. But, sometimes he is stuffy and sometimes he seems fine. I just wonder how long he can keep the charade up of being clean. I wonder if he will just mantain or will it get worse and we will never see him again? God only knows.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My BF snorted coke a long time and told me that you could end up with permanent damage to your nose; like a bend or indent. And this is really messed up: the whole nose thing is 'one' of the reasons he decided to try shooting it up. This seems quite logical doesnt it... WTH
Old 03-30-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Let me first say I am a raging codie but I am also an addict. In the beginning it made me loose so much weight because it made me not eat and it was a natural laxative. However, now it has no effect on my "daily functions"( I know...TMI) and I can also go to the movies, order a huge bag of extra buttered popcorn, goobers, raisinettes, twizlers, a giant frozen coke, do a huge fat bump and eat and drink every bit of my movie snacks while high as cooter brown and calm as monk watching the movie. This ONLY happens to someone that has being doing it a really long time. If you add alcohol to the mix, the "coke head" can steadily put on a lot of weight from all those drink calories. Think John Belushi and Chris Farley. I would also eat to disguise my being high from my naive exes.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Cocaine gives your the 'runs'? really? i never knew that. Kind of explains why my ex always showered without fail every time he went to the bathroom. Although he did that even when he wasn't using.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I never got the runs. Ew, lol
Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
IsItAlright

Were we dating the same guy?

Originally Posted by story74 View Post
Yup, I was so dumb I bought him smoothies, took care of him and begged him to get some rest. I even felt guilty because he was working so hard. Meanwhile, he was cheating and lying and snorting.
Story74,
I did exactly the same things! He works long hours.

He said that he was depressed. I always bought him smoothies after my work and bring it to his work place.

He said that he worked very hard and I have good job. I felt guilty. I tried to take good care of him. Brought him to places he wanted to go; bought him this and that as he had no time.

He said that he was sick (actually just huge hangover after coke & alcohol binge). I worried about him & begged him to take dayoff.

How dumb I was? No wonder why he kept asking if I hate him. Deep in his heart, he knew that he didn't deserve me... if he's not a 100% devil.

So, what did I get in the end? He hurt me badly.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is crazy. I just posted that I never knew how much my ex used during marriage. He would go on business trips and always would sound stuffed up in the morning - said it was the 'air conditioning in the hotel'. go figure.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lol! I asked my xah why he was so stuffed up while he was away..."the fan"
Old 04-04-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Story - maybe our ex's knew each other