child support_ get a good lawyer!

Old 03-29-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

child support_ get a good lawyer!

I had a child support hearing today. Sugeested by my divorce attorney, I went thru the state. WOW! They could careless. I spent yesterday copying and documenting he didn't even want to look at it. My xah abandoned us and works in a cash business and blatently lied about how much he makes. But I had no proof. And I had no one to help me fight it. What hurts the most is that he couldn't be man enough to take care of his son and myself. He walked out on his family, a stay at home mother, and doesn't even have to pay back child support. When we left the hearing I gave him the copies of what my dad gave me to survive and the credit he was suppose to pay off and said "hope you feel very ashamed" I want to text him mean things, but am refraining. What hurts most is the utter disrespecy. He left us to starve...if it wasn't for my parents we have been in a shelter. The only good thing is that the judge agreed he has to pay the state. And he had enough audacity to show up and sit next to me and try to chit chat. Will the bs ever end? He had a scab on his forehead too. Could of been anything, but my first thought were drugs. My sister says his little house of cards will fall. I am so thankful I have my sole custody of my son. Although he threatens that too. I just want to live in peace. I just want to move on. I'm getting better. I'm sure he is super surprised I haven't texted him anything. As much as I want to, I just don't say anything to him. Its pointless. He just twists it and never accepts responsibility. Its always poor paul and I am the evil one.
Anyways, learn from my lesson. Get a good lawyer and don't go thru the sate (if he is in a cash business like my little peach) 16 years and I gave birth to his son and he treats with such disrespect. Its hard to not take it personal.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Obtaining child support from someone who works in a cash business is challenging in any court because there is no proof of income.

His behaviors say all that can be said about his lack of character.

Good job on not texting him. Nothing good can come of any contact with this irresponsible adult child. Shame on him.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by story74 View Post
16 years and I gave birth to his son and he treats with such disrespect. Its hard to not take it personal.
It's personal to you, it was done to you and your son. But his motives are not your reality. His motives are not a reflection of you or your son's worth, they are a reflection of his inner demons. Please don't take it personally, don't give him that power over you. Keep doing what you're doing and remember you're loved by a Higher Power so much more great and pure than him