Notices

Found this website really confusing this time around!!

Old 03-29-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kez

Found this website really confusing this time around!!

Not quite sure what I am doing here, but just wanted to see how the rest of the world is coping.

personally - well I havnt quit drinking, it is not as much as a problem for me but it still hinders my life...

frankly - I dont know what to say or do about it!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Heh! Frank, simple and to the point - I like it! How you doin today?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Kez View Post
well I havnt quit drinking, it is not as much as a problem for me but it still hinders my life... frankly - I dont know what to say or do about it!!!!
I think you do, since you specifically mentioned that you haven't done it.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kez

ye still the same as a few minutes ago....just not sure where to go anymore....
Old 03-29-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kez

yeah maybe TU, otherwise why would I be here?
have got it more under control than I had before, but I aint kiddin myself thinkin Ive kicked it... because I damn well Know that I havnt.... just where to go from here....
Old 03-29-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Things are good here, real good.

My gf was accepted into a university Chemistry program today, and because most of her classes in her previous major apply, she obtain her degree in only 13 months.

Heard that a respected old timer and his sober wife are living in the little town we want to move to and for it's size AA looks to be very active and available. So, sponsorship and fellowship await us there.

All good stuff, thanks for asking.

Maybe at some point you'll consider deciding again to not drink forever, firmly and with ironclad resolve?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Well Kez, It is not a problem unless it causes problems and if they are pooping up in your life it may be time to quit. I had to try it on my own and it did not work.

Just could not stop starting to drink. I have found much better solutions to drinking and Sober Recovery is one. Hope you stick around and are able to find away.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kez

Yep I Hope to god you are right,,, the pain it causes really isnt worth it.. i dont understand why this is a challenge that is put before us... why has it even been made to have to overcome??????
Old 03-29-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Kez
Old 03-29-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i dont understand why this is a challenge that is put before us... why has it even been made to have to overcome??????
No one put this challenge in front of me. I was born with it. If not this challenge, there'd be another one. Who gets an easy life? Who wants an easy life?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kez

Yep Firehazard have been here before, and know the transformation it brings with cutting out this crap in my life... but somehow I have made it bareable to a point,,, (not always) which makes me think I am ok,, but I know I am not,, the drink will always win with this thinking, and suck me in.... no matter how controlled I feel, I know I am just TRYING TO CONTROL IT and not really being rationale.....
Old 03-29-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
So it goes

It isnt easy to stop drinking , but it is worth it
Start by not drinking today
Surf a bit on SR, go to AA, or do what you need
We can offer tools enough, but you have to pick them up.
After not drinking today it becomes tomorrow, repeat what you did today
The urges are hard to shake, but you can do it
Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kez

Stillsleeping - thats right you were born with it.. but why,, why do some of us have to and some of us not??? Also there ARE many other challenges,,, am just wondering why this one is so hard to beat - and frankly, who gets an easy life, who wants an easy life as you say... well ummm ME.. I want it. sooo many other people have it,, why not me,, umm and hang on! why not YOU, why not any of us???????

Just sayin!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Kez

Yep Billy I know,, and the evil is,,,,, because nothing real bad has happened lately because of my drinking I think its ok.. but jezus Im just holdin on....

and i think because I am holdin on Im fine i can deal with it... meh.............
Old 03-29-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Stillsleeping - thats right you were born with it.. but why,, why do some of us have to and some of us not??? Also there ARE many other challenges,,, am just wondering why this one is so hard to beat - and frankly, who gets an easy life, who wants an easy life as you say... well ummm ME.. I want it. sooo many other people have it,, why not me,, umm and hang on! why not YOU, why not any of us???????

Just sayin!
Okay, I'll be willing to suspend rational thought for a minute and say this is true.

SO WHAT?

If someone else has something you want, then why don't you work to get it for yourself?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

why not any of us???????
Because we're alcoholics...You can either die from it...Or live with it.....The choice was pretty easy for me....I found a way out and I don't drink....I don't miss it either.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Kez!

You're caught in an addiction and addictions are hard to break without help. I think most of us tried to control our drinking for years before we figured out that we couldn't do it. You took a step today by reaching out for help, so give yourself a hug for that!

and i think because I am holdin on Im fine i can deal with it
That was me, too. Everything looked pretty good from the outside because I made sure to pretend I was OK. On the inside, though, I wasn't so great.

Stick around..... just keep reading and posting...... It really helps to talk/listen to others who know what you're going through.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

some great advice here Kez - welcome back

D
Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Kez

@wheresthefun - suspend rational thought??? you dont believe people that have easy lives are out there??? And yes that is what I was getting at, about going out there and getting it....
Wow Sapling you dont miss it, thats great I really really congratulate you. For me It will be pretty hard to quit doing something that would be in your face everyday and not miss it, I mean it is hard to quit with it not being in your face.
Thanks Artsoul
and thanks Dee x
Old 03-30-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm an Aussie too Kez - it was tough to begin with but I'm actually not conscious of alcohol or drinking around me now - unless someone makes an ass of themselves

Hang in there - I suspect it will matter less and less for you too.

What other people do is their business - I know I've found a way of life that works so much better for me, and I want to keep living this way, not their way

D