Notices

Some Hope

Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Some Hope

Hello. I have been sober for a year and a half. I really just listen to what my sponser says and do it to the best of my ability. I have many faults. I eat too much, I want too much sex, I want time for myself. I try to not let my feelings get in the way of doing the right thing. I have experienced so much, learned so much, done so much the last year I forget what it was like. I forget what it was like to be scared all the time. To have the feeling that an axe murderer was going to walk in at any point. I was always scared to see where my car was. To hear my reaction as my parents yelled at each other in the other room "What are we going to do with him!" I went to spring training to watch my favorite baseball team last week. It was awesome. I went with some drinkers and I kept a close eye on my sobriety. I kept and talked where my head was at. I have experienced peace beyond what I could have ever dreamed. I have to give it back. Today I was frustrated as hell because people were wanting to hang out. Imagine that.... a year ago I was peeing my pants drunk at parties and was a complete mess. Now people want me to hang out, that is my problem today. I did it through AA, but it isn't the only way. I just want to say there is hope and I take the attitude that the next day is always going to be better than the day before. I hope the last day on earth is the best day of my life.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MINEr

Thanks for the post. I'm ten months today, and much of the hope has come true for me too. Every situation life throws at me goes through a positive filter now, instead of being taken as a personal attack on my humanity. That is quite a change in ten months for someone who was the perennial victim for thirty years.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you progress McRibb - congratulations

D