Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

March 29 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 03-28-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

March 29 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Having lived through more trouble than we felt we deserved, some of us turned our backs on God, determined to go our own way, under our own power. This is like a child who walks into a dark room and refuses to turn on the light. When he stumbles and hurts himself, is the darkness to blame? If we are going somewhere, and we reject the power of a train or a car to take us there, whose fault is it that our arrival is so long delayed?

When we are faced with the perplexities of the alcoholic situation, and try to do it on our own, we are stubbornly refusing the help that could be ours in Al-Anon. Whose fault is it, then, when things get worse instead of better?

TODAY’S REMINDER

When I am confronted with a problem, I will calmly search out the most intelligent means of solving it. I will use the means that have helped so many others with problems like mine. The Al-Anon program will be my daily guide, leading me out of confusion, into serenity.

“Unless I love my martyrdom and cling to it, I need not be alone in freeing myself from whatever troubles me.”