Notices

Day 16.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Day 16.

Ok, this has been sooo hard. Whatever though, I am doing it regardless. I am saving on average 140-160 dollars a week, which is nice. I remember everything that happened the night before, wake up without a hangover and im about 75% more productive at work. The downside is that I just have that window of being stressed right after work until I go to bed. I am trying to keep myself busy with cleaning, cooking and reading. I am really just waiting for the craving to leave. Once that happens, I think I should be somewhat content. This is the longest I have been sober since I was 16 (10 years). Anyway, thanks everyone. Just wanted to give an update.

Dom
Old 03-28-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dominca.. That is an excellent accomplishment. I know all about the 'window'. Keep going!

Jim
Old 03-28-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey dom. Congrats. I have the same issue every night. I'm on day 23 and like you this is the longest I have been sober for 20 years!!! We can do it. Do you have an ultimate date that you want to reach? Mine keeps changing. It keeps getting further and further away. Which is a good thing I guess! Do you go to meeting? Are you a part of a program? I'm not, but I know I need to be.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I mean 2 years. Not 20.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It gets better everyday Dom....No sense going back now...Just keep working on your recovery...That's the solution.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks everyone. Holly, I am doing AA right now. It really is helping me a LOT. I haven't really set a goal, just doing it one day at a time. BTW, congrats on day 23!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I am glad to see that you are still hanging in there Dominica I am still going as well. While this isn't the longest I have gone sober the other times weren't really my choice, and I would go right back to drinking after the interuptions were over. No not prison just a time in my life when alcohol was not available at all.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
The downside is that I just have that window of being stressed right after work until I go to bed.

Dom
That's when I go to my meetings or call my AA buddies.

Pain is compulsory in recovery but misery is optional. When I share my pain and try to help other newcomers my misery goes away.

All the best, good to hear from you !

Bob R
Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
Thanks everyone. Holly, I am doing AA right now. It really is helping me a LOT. I haven't really set a goal, just doing it one day at a time. BTW, congrats on day 23!
Excellent, I have a note in my wallet for the Funeral Director telling him that just before he closes the casket that it will be OK to remove the AA meeting card from my wallet. My HP will take it from there.

Bob
Old 03-28-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

That is some danged happy news you have there, Dominica. You knew you could do this, didn't you!

As for how to fill that time you used to spend drunk or passed out, what did you do before those days? What would you like to do now that you have the time? All the possibilities are in front of you now, and, the best part of this sober thing, you get to choose!

Well done.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awesome keep going and coming back

Your in the double digits now whooooo hooooo. It will keep getting better.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks everyone. I am just going to do the usual work, running, reading, cleaning and visiting my grandmother. Trust me, that takes up almost all day.
I can't say I feel fantastic, but I have lost 12 pounds and my complexion looks much healthier. The way I feel is a different story. I am just hoping I am not in need of some anti-depressant meds, because I really don't like to even think about taking them. Just going to keep on pushin on, even if I am miserable. Thanks again.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You are amazing! And an inspiration!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats Dom, keep it up
Old 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Dom - keep going - things will get easier

D
Old 03-28-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hi Dom. Keep it up. well done, as you live more of your life without alcohol you will start to see more benefits of giving up alcohol, and seeing these benefits will only make you stronger. keep up the good work.