God Bless you All

Old 12-24-2003, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

God Bless you All

Hello Everyone,

My wife just came home from a 28 day rehab yesterday. While the inital joy hasn't completely dissapeared, we (two teenagers & I) still wonder how things will go and what a long journey she has. We're ready to do whatever we need to to help and we've taken some concrete steps already.

I've had the opportunity to browse the posts on here for a couple weeks now and many of them are helpful - I appreciate your willingness to share and your concern for others. You're good folks!

I hope it doesn't sound too corny or too stereotypical, but I think that all of you who have taken the step towards recovery are incredibly brave, strong people. I admire each of you. I doubt that I would have the strength to make the decisions you have. I've told my wife this a number of times, and so have my kids.

May God bless all of you. You have my most sincere wishes and prayers for success and for a Warm and Peaceful Holiday.

Bob
Old 12-24-2003, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((((((Bob)))))))))),

Hugs to you and your kids!

The kind words you wrote about the people here being brave and strong also apply to YOU. You have begun your road to recovery, you have read the foums here and gain knowledge to make changes in your life, so give yourself a pat on theback!
In Al Anon they say "If you spot it, you got it", so if youre spotting positive attributes in others, that means YOU've got those same things!
Good luck in your recovery and keep on keeping on'!

Happy and peaceful hoildays to you and your family!
Old 12-24-2003, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Bob,

Please re-read Christina's post because she is sooo right - YOU ARE ONE OF US! Hurray for you and your kids that you are reaching for and grasping the tools that are making each of us more...healthy, patient, self-loving, responsible, SANE (for me especially).

I wish your whole family a peaceful holiday - you have earned it.

Happy HP Blessings to you!

Petunia
Old 12-24-2003, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Bob!

A nice thing about alanon is that it helps you find strength you didn't know you had. Make yourself at home and think about finding yourself a live group to attend.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 12-24-2003, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome Bob...and this is the first time I've EVER welcomed anyone as I'm still such a newbie myself, but yes, as the previous posts have stated, you ARE in the right place. The strength I have garnered from this forum cannot be measured. Just when I think I'm ready to 'lose it' again, I find an answer, food for thought, SOMETHING, to help me move out of the 'bad' place and on to a better place.

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like my Codie home.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome! from a friend that lives on both sides of the fence. Trust me the strength you speak of isnt the possetion of anyone person in this program. We discovered this strength in the rooms of Alanon & WE carry this strength home as a group, we know when we make a choice we have people in the program we have consulted, & that it is a sound one. The strength comes from the WE of the program. With that you will carry the same strength home with you & your decisions
Old 12-24-2003, 10:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Bob!

Welcome to our little family. The nice thing about Alanon is that you find people who really understand what you're going through. And thank you for your kind words, but I can't claim to be stong. Every time I need to make a change or make some progress, I balk until God just pushes me off the cliff. Luckily, He provides a parachute.
I hope this is a new beginning for you and your family. Happy Holidays!
Peace,
Gabe
Old 12-27-2003, 05:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

All,

Thanks an awful lot for your kind words and "pats on the back"... it helps more that you know

Regards - Bob