Senior Services Visited Today

Old 03-27-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Senior Services Visited Today

Well, the man from Elder Abuse came today to talk to my dad. They met somewhere because there was no where to talk in this house. My father did not seem to mind that he had to talk to this person, and I am so glad. He needed this for HIM, and at least now I have documentation that I was concerned about my daughter abusing all of us.
When he came back home, he seemed a little more relaxed and we sat and chatted for awhile. I did not ask him what was discussed, as that needs to be his own private space. If he wants to share, he will. However, I had told Senior Services that my daughter was ruining this home, to the point that the basement was a fire hazard, and my dad wouldn't even address the issue with her. It is because he can't handle her behavior after she gets criticized for anything. She makes the world suffer whenever she is told to do anything, has been that way since she was 2 years old. So, he went in the basement, walked around, and came back up. He said, wow, what a mess. This basement sure wouldn't pass a fire inspection. And she is smoking down there!
Finally-he is opening his eyes and keeping them open instead of just closing them again.
So, that is my update. I hope things improve and my daughter gets help, but I am not backing down. She still won't let the kids near me and she isn't talking to me, and is labeling ownership of food items in the fridge and pantry LOL. The kids talk to me through my door, and snuck in when she was showering, so whatever she told them about me being "off" obviously didn't scare them away from me. Her enabler friend is coming over tonight, and the kids will be gone at their dads', so we shall see if she gets drunk. I have a feeling my dad is at the Moose right now to talk to some friends and get the courage to have a few words with both my daughter and her buddy. Wish me luck, and thanks for giving me the courage to stand my ground.:ghug3
Old 03-27-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a feeling my dad is at the Moose right now to talk to some friends and get the courage to have a few words with both my daughter and her buddy. Wish me luck, and thanks for giving me the courage to stand my ground.
Ah, down at the Moose talking to some friends. Excellent. He is how old? 82?
What a gift to have your dad around. My dad died at 62 (looked 92) from cirrhosis.
Oh you had the courage, you just needed a little reminder.
Obviously, the kids know you are not "off" and sad to say, they are learning that mom may be the one with the problem. It sounds like she has a tantrum when things don't go her way. Childish and immature. I hope she becomes open to some help too, she sounds very fearful. My daughter did the same thing. Sigh.......

Beth
Old 03-27-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hugs Beth. I thought when my kids grew up, left home, and started a family that I would finally be able to have a life. Well, what do you do when they don't grow up, leave home, and bring their family back with them to boot LOL! Sigh, all you can do is hope they "get it" before you are too old to remember they are your kids.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

be able to have a life
YOUR life is your choice on how you see fit...it still is your life...no matter what...I still recommend the book from Melody Beattie...and remember, SHE IS AN ADULT