A Positive Step

Old 03-27-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

A Positive Step

Being in a relationship with an alcoholic boyfriend has put a challenge in my life.

But, it does not define me.

His words of discouragement, of anger, of hatred, of spitefulness, of jealousy...they define him.

I have words of love and encouragement, joy and compassion in my heart. I have a strong sense of respect and love for myself.

His constant need to blame me and everyone around him for his life's woes, for every moment of failure, for not being good enough...that defines him.

I accept responsibility for my actions, for who I am, for what I do or don't accomplish in my life. I take pride in who I am and who I will become.

His need to live his life as an addict to alcohol and drugs and be unwilling to face the pain he feels inside...that defines him.

I know the answer to the pain comes from inside me, inside my mind and my soul. And, I trust there is a higher power that will walk beside me until I get past my pain.

His need to control me, my life, my every move..his insecurities about my friends and what I do and where I go..those define him.

I control me and my life. I have so many things I love to do, that define who I am and I will NOT allow anyone...ANYONE...to ever take that away from me again. I live my life by MY rules.

His lying, cheating, manipulative, disrespectful, dishonorable ways define who he is.

I am an honest, loyal, respectful, caring person with moral values and a sense of what's right and wrong.

His need to overwhelm and smother my life...to be number 1 even if there are children involved...to be the top dog...the main man...to suck every moment out of my life to make it become non-existent and to fit into his world...that's the definition of love to him.

I am independent and I love that about myself. I'm free to live my life as I want and when the RIGHT person comes along, I will gladly SHARE that with him. As I am, not as he wants me to be. I am ME..and I LOVE ME. I promise myself to always be true to that and to let no one ever try to change that again.

His internal happiness doesn't exist and he will always search for something external to make himself happy. And, that will always define who he is. And, I feel sad for that.

I have happiness inside me. I am strong. I am powerful. I am beautiful. I have a love inside me that I want to share with others. I have so much to offer the world that I will not let this person's choice for his life define me and mine.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well said - thanks for sharing with us!