Notices

How do i find a place to detox

Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do i find a place to detox

I tried getting sober on my own and failed. If I was actually alone like rent a hotel room I could do it. I think. I know trying to do it while living with my mom who just thinks I'm being lazy, does not work. Last week I made it to day 3 before I couldn't take it anymore. My mom can be mean and she told me to just kill myself already. I've attempted before and my family either makes fun of me or puts me down for it. They don't know I'm currently using.
Anyway my question is how do I find a place to detox? Just for 3-6 days? I know I need residential treatment but for now I can try detox. I'm a meth addict but I also am addicted to Vicodin. I make too much money for county programs which amuses me because I spend every dollar on drugs. I don't have medical insurance and can't go to family for help. I have to do this alone. Any ideas would be great or I guess I'm going to save to get a hotel for a few days and do my best. My only other option is to jump ftom roof of hotel. I know I'm in trouble and doing what I can. Please don't tell me this won't work or I'm not really trying. I know this isn't treatment but I am trying to at least be clean and then go from there. Don't be mean, I can't take it.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi Hardy - welcome

The Salvation Army offers free rehab programmes in many parts of the USA
The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center: Rehabilitation Program

There are also many free or low cost clinics around now where you could get medical advice on detox.

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics

Any of those options is better than the hotel room idea I think.

D
Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

If you can find an NA\AA meeting near you, there are probably people who know the local situation for that (I did not go to a facility, but I did have a ok house to detox and recover in). I'm an alcoholic and I too was nearing the point where suicide seemed the only way to go, I had no friends so nobody really gave a damn (or so I thought). Go with what ever route you can, but get it straight in your head first 'You must quit 100%, never look back'. I am 6 months clean and coming up on my 41st b-day in a couple of months, totally wish I felt this way at 31. :-) Sobriety is worth it, Wish you the best. :ghug3
Old 03-27-2012, 12:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi hardy -

Here is a website for California (run by the state government) California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs

They have counselors you can speak to during business hours who can tell you what the options are for detox/treatment, places that have payment assistance, etc.....

I think you'll feel better once you get the ball moving...... Hang in there.....:ghug3
Old 03-27-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I have no reason to be mean , I am glad you want to seek help. You can do it, like artsoul said you will feel much better when you get moving into progress.

Best wishes and keep us up to date.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

And when I need a free detox I called my local AA office and they pointed me in the right direction. Just a thought.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Looks like some great advice there hardy...Can't add much to it...Just want you to know you have plenty of support here from people that have been where you are....And you can get out of it.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
And when I need a free detox I called my local AA office and they pointed me in the right direction.
I was going to say that. AA is in your phone book likely on page 1.

All the best. You can make the call. We all have.

Bob R