Notices

Talking out my Ritual

Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Talking out my Ritual

Just some random notes to clarify my situation: My ritual was to wake about 6am, start drinking a 750ml bottle of "jim beam", finish about half by 2pm, fall asleep, then drink the rest starting about 5pm... then about 8pm get another bottle for the morning.

This has gone on for about 2 years, with a similar ritual prior to that for the last 15 years (just with less alcohol)

I stopped Saturday since it was ravishing my body, I couldn't (and still can't take regular showers) which is making skin break out, etc. So far, my body aches, abdominal pain, body is twitching, depressed, but overall I feel better. I was prescribed Revia (sp?) a few months ago, so waiting a few more days and going back on that.

I know why I drank, 3 things: stressful job which triggers much of it. sex addiction, which is fun, but unhealthy. and a very distant past relationship that insolvable.

Sadly, I'm still pretty sick, but I know Alcohol is the root of it, so it's time to stop drinking "poison" to resolve my issues.

Okay, that's it for now, I was good to write it out... Thanks for reading.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome DrinkH20...This a great site for support....Glad to have you with us....You sound like you have the problem nailed down pretty good...Any ideas on a way to solve it?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

H2O, are you attending AA meetings in Denver? There's a lot of help available there.

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome DrinkH20 -

I thought I had a lot of reasons to drink, too, but I was just adding another problem. In the end I was drinking to deal with what drinking was doing to me.

I'm glad you're ready to get out of the vicious cycle! Just don't hesitate to get to a doctor (or go to the ER) if you need to - detox can be dangerous.

We're here for you!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
So it goes

Welcome drinkh20 you are in the right place. It may seem that drink helps you with problems but when you sober up you find it cripples and hinders your ability to cope. Keep posting.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR DrinkH20

D