Notices

I am so aggravated right now.....

Old 03-25-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry I am so aggravated right now.....

I hope someone reads this and I hope it helps me to get it off my chest.

This is about my Sunday. I hate Sundays. First of all I am on my 11th day and I feel horrible. I have a monster headache, my kidneys have been killing me for 5 days now. To the point where I can't stand up for more than 5 minutes. So, I cut back on the water. I'm fat and bloated and my face is still bright red. Plus I am going back to puberty now and zits are growing on my face. I feel like a pig. I hate myself.

The day started out normal. I was kind of tired but fed all the animals and myself of course and some minor chores.

Then it started. My lovely redneck neighbor and a whole gaggle of his redneck beer drinking friends decide today is a super great day to target shoot with cannons .... once again. Well, it sounds like a cannon but I think they are just huge rifles or guns. This went on for 6 hours. BTW, this has been going on every Sunday for 23 years. Yes, I have called the sherriff... well (they are all good ole' boy's also) and they said it is perfectly fine. So, I said to myself. Just ignore it. Let it go.

Normally, at this point on Sundays I would be drinking ... alot! I was either buzzed, drunk or working at getting there. It was easy to let it go then. Not so much anymore. I felt like screaming at them. But, I didn't... after all they guns.

Next, came the moron brigade. The stupiest people in this county. I had advertised a rescue dog on CL for sale. He is a PB Husky and gorgeous. He has long fur and ice blue eyes. I put pictures of him with the ad.

So, Tammy (moron #1) calls and said she lost her Husky, blah, blah, blah. I gave her directions to my house. This was at 3:30 p.m. The phone rang at 5:00 p.m. (it should only take 45 minutes from where they live) and she is so freaking lost that she got me lost just listening to her.

Oh, I have to back up. I was asking $75.00 for the dog. He has all his shots, HW check, and he is neutered. Her moron husband said he would not pay that. She asked if I would lower the price. Since I am flat ass broke, I did. To $50.00. Well, while she was driving around lost she used up a lot of gas in that huge 8 cylinder Chevy p/u of hers. She asked me if I would take $40.00. I didn't answer her. I had to stay on the phone with her to get her here. I was pissed. Some people should never leave there house. Period.

So, finally at 6:00 p.m. they arrive... moron Mom and little moron daughter.

I bring Ice out. He went right for the daughter.. he liked her. Sniffed the Mom a little, but otherwise indifferent. He really like the teenager. Now, if this were me, I would look the dog over. Interact with a little, make a decision and either buy the dog or leave. Well, not with these two. After all it took them half of a day to get here. They were making the best of it. I walked away. If I had any beer at this time. Six would be gone right then. They were really getting on my nerves.

After an hour (do you believe that?), and 6 cigarettes on my part later, they walk up to me... and say..... they don't want the dog because it sheds. Ugh!
I could have kicked them right in the ass. Instead, I just took Ice from them and tried to politely say "thank you for coming" and walked back in the house.

In my ad I put "fluffy".... what does that mean????? It doesn't mean hairless you idiots.

So, they left and I apologized to Ice for that disaster and sat down and smoked another cigarette. Man did I want a beer though. Really bad. I still do.

My point to all of this is and I apologize for the length, I feel so much more now. When I was drunk... it didn't bother me as much when people acted like that. Everything is real. I have to be very careful... because I am on the edge a little. I really liked being drunk when this crap happens.

This is why I prefer animals over people.

Thanks for reading. Hope you had a better Sunday.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

People suck. I agree. But having 6 beers will not solve anything, yeah you might be able to check out for the night, but you will feel like crap tomorrow. Unfortunately you will have to deal with people for the rest of your life, so learning how to deal with them now sober has to be done if you want to stay sober.Sounds like a bad day. You know this journey is a rollercoaster. Stay strong!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Congrats on 11 days! You are amazing!

I remember early recovery, every little sound set me into a head spin. The clock decided to tick (battery was getting low) and the fridge made some sounds, the next door and upstairs neighbors decided it was time to be loud, then those on their balcony decided it was time to smoke weed up there... The buses outside were louder than usual. OMG! I wanted to hurt something! This did change for me. I wasn't hearing everything so much and things settled down (I'm sure there was more, I was just on edge with every little darn thing).

I focused on working my program of recovery, got on the phone and talked to some people and got to a meeting. It's much different today. Those little things aren't much of a big deal now.

Vent away! Anything we do to NOT drink is better than drinking and feeling worse or getting sucked back into that abyss of drunkenness! Stay strong and stay stopped!

Hugs,
Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The people you had to deal with today sound wonderful. Not!!! Some people I swear think that the world revolves around them. Like you, I'd rather deal with animals anyday
Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Hi Muffin,
I know your frustration with neighbors! The people behind my family's house have been blasting outdoor speakers for years now. I reached a boiling point after drinking all day on a Sunday and jumped over their fence and yelled vulgar things at them. They called the police and I almost got arrested. The police told them to "keep it down"....week later the music was back...gah. I would never have been so aggressive sober and I'm so lucky they weren't shooting guns instead when I jumped into their backyard. I may not be alive to write this haha.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Muffin-sorry! That's awful. . I'm glad that Ice did not end up with those morons though. Do you think you have kidney stones? Or a kidney infection? If you do you really do need to see a doctor. I hate noisy inconsiderate people too! I am proud of you for being sober today . Vent on!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LDT

I'm thinking the dog was rescued a second time by the people refusing it. Things happen for a reason. Maybe you should keep it.....my dog helped me on my path to sobriety.

Dogs are good.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Your story about these idiots just proves the old saying: You can't fix stupid.

Sorry you had to go through that, but I'm proud of you for not drinking. Took a lot of self control not to go off on those people. Had it been me, they probably wouldn't have gotten so lucky. lol I'm glad you didn't give Ice to them!

Hang in there, tomorrow is another day.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done for not drinking through that I've found that I've had to work more on staying calm than trying not to drink. I am getting calmer with every day that passes though Some people seem to want you to lose it I think and it really confuses them if you don't react.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Muffin, in the end I think it's good the people didn't take the dog because they probably wouldn't have been able to adequately care for him. Hopefully he will find someone who really wants him.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's hard when you're early on, your nerves are raw, emotions all over the place, mind & body screaming & begging for alcohol but it gets better.
I had to do the bare minimum to take care of myself.
I had to accept most everything outside of me was out of my control.
Life is 10% what happens, 90% how I respond to it.

Congrats on not drinking. Give it time. I had an episode Friday that before would have had me "unglued". Begging, reinforcing that I NEED a drink. I was shocked at my calmness, ability to not even be the least bit upset.
Then I realized how many "upsets" I could've avoided if I'd quit drinking yes ago.

I only share b/c I know your mind is raw right now, but it will get better.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

And morons don't deserve dogs
Old 03-26-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone...

I so appreciate your posts. I was laughing out loud at some of them. Thank you very much.

I told Ice as we walked back in the house, that they were NOT your new family and I apoligized to him.

It just wasn't meant to be like someone posted. I believe in the HP that it has my back all of the time.

I'm glad I didn't drink too. Today, with your help, I a laughing about it. However, I did learn from this that I need to watch myself because I do react differently sober than drunk.

I guess there is a lesson to learn in everything. I'll give Ice a big hug from all of you. I would post a pic but I don't know how. Big bummer.

xxxooo
Old 03-26-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Muffin,

As I read your post I was hoping towards the end that they wouldn't take the dog. It sort of had a happy ending for me.

Since being sober and not having the booze to help cope I don't suffer fools as well as I used to. This has been an advantage really as people can't take advantage of me as they have in the past.

Early days still. Things will get better Muffin hang in there love.

caiHong