Notices

I did it!!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 11:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did it!!!!

I got through this crazy weekend of hanging out with friends in bars and didn't touch a drop of alcohol. It was a really hard night and I'm glad I don't have to do that again anytime soon. Tucked up in bed and will feel great in the morning. Tomorrow will be day 20 sober. Thanks to everyone that posted on my 17 day post the other day. It helped so much
Old 03-24-2012, 11:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome! Haha, well done girl. Man, those weekends are tough.
x
Old 03-24-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know! This was my hardest weekend to date. I even had myself convinced I was going up relapse when I was thinking about this weekend in my head. But when I woke up this morning I knew I wouldn't drink today. Crazy. You really do have to take one day at a time.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you stayed true to your commitment Holly - congratulations

D
Old 03-25-2012, 12:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Good job Holly! But just remember the old saying: "If you hang around a barbershop...eventually you will get a haircut". I've heard that saying from alcoholics everywhere I go.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Holly7 View Post
But when I woke up this morning I knew I wouldn't drink today. Crazy.
Mad, isn't it? I almost feel like I'm cheating at the moment, my resolve is so strong. Like I should be more tortured than this or something. I mean, hubby an I were on the beach yesterday, it was the first day of spring and he was drinking beer. Trigger much?? And the big dumb SOB's giggling and teasing me and I still don't drink it

Okay, written down, that looks like he's an @sshole. Ha! He's not - he's awesome, and making each other laugh until we cry a bit is how the English cope with pain. Just seeing the big hairy tattooed thing giggle is funny enough

Day 22 and another sunny one - bring it on!!

Nice to meetcha xx
Old 03-25-2012, 12:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks dee. My friends didn't even batter an eye lid when I told then I have given up alcohol. That made it easier. Jitterbug. I have no intentions of spending any time in bars again anytime soon. Tonight was too hard. I really shouldn't of been there tonight because im so early in my soberiety. I took a big risk. But I was strong enough to get through it and spent time with some friends that I won't see again for a very long time.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

nice to meet you too. I'm from England. Moved to America 7 years ago but spent most of my life in England. Never went to Brighton though. I'm from the west midlands. Well done on day 22!
Old 03-25-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you Holly...It's nice to know you can pass that test....You get a little further on up the road...It won't even be a big deal....When you know you can't have one drink...It makes the night so much easier.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done Holly. That's a huge test and a big risk early on. I went thru the same myself. Glad that you recognize you're not eager to be in that situation anytime too soon.

I say this, because that was me too. I took some risks early on and passed. Great feeling. As you know, more time under your belt, and these situations get much easier...because you're committed. It doesn't even enter my realm now. And I have hosted at least 8 events at work, where yes, I'm in charge of organizing the bar, food, speakers, musicians etc.

I use to worry that I wouldnt be as much fun. But I am fun....and I'm sober
Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks! I didn't really understand when people on here said if you take alcohol out of the equation like its not even a option you don't have a dilemma anymore. I am slowly starting to see what they mean. I still have a long road ahead of me.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

well done holly
Old 03-25-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's amazing Holly! You should be really proud of yourself!! I don't think that I could do that yet, but I'm only on day 9. And I'm glad to hear that your friends didn't pressure you into it.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Holly7,

Congratulations! Wow, for 20 days sober that was quite a test....not sure I would have made it....but you did, so kudos! You have a great attitude.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Yes it was a big test and I highly recommend that newcomers stay away from bars for a very long time. I have no interest in doing that again anytime soon, but I am glad to add it to the list of "things I got through sober" Today is a good day
Old 03-25-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Holly7 View Post
nice to meet you too. I'm from England. Moved to America 7 years ago but spent most of my life in England. Never went to Brighton though. I'm from the west midlands. Well done on day 22!
Come back to good old England Holly! we luvs ya!! lol
Old 03-25-2012, 10:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

duplicate

Last edited by johnny2times; 03-25-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 03-25-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

LOL!! I miss England a lot, but I love it here too. Maybe one day I will end up back there.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am glad you made it through the day sober Holly

Please also remember the old saying that if you hang around a barber shop long enough you will eventually get your hair cut
Old 03-25-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewBeginning010 View Post
I am glad you made it through the day sober Holly

Please also remember the old saying that if you hang around a barber shop long enough you will eventually get your hair cut
Oh I am fully aware of this saying and have no intentions of hanging out at a bar again anytime soon.