Notices

Hello.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello.

I'm new(ish) here.
A bit of my story:

I had a profile a wee bit back, but I've been gone for some months now and had forgotten all of my info, figured I'd get a whole new start since things have taken a turn for the better in my life(for now).
I have been drug free for almost 6 years now, but I am currently engaged to a recovering IV heroin user(2 1/2 weeks clean) and things have been going well so far *knock on wood*
I have hope, but not an unrealistic amount and I'm keeping my head on straight.
I know that there will be relapses, there always are.. and I'm being realistic about that as well.
I have set my boundaries with him and he knows what is and isnt welcome in my life,my home, and around our son.
We are finally working toward a better future, he is very optimistic and seems to finally have HIS head on straight and has set goals for himself which is something he never did before.
I didn't even have real confirmation of his sobriety until a week ago(I knew, but he was too much of a scaredy cat to put it into words I suppose.)
So, we are taking steps in the right direction, and not expecting a miracle just yet.
We ARE engaged, but under the terms that we will not be wed until he is at least a year clean,we have a home and have been financially stable for at least a year also. There are other "conditions" as well, that may seem harsh or stupid to some of you, but we do love each other very much and know w want to spend our lives together, we just have obstacles and dirty little messes to clean up before I will legally bind myself to him.
Just wanted to put a bit of that out there, I suppose because it has been a very bumpy road, and being away from the forums for so long has left me feeling like I've got virtually no one who is unbiased that I can talk to.
It's all good. I'm being realistic about where my life is right now, and I am in no hurry to take any life altering leaps of faith.
I'm just glad to be back here, because I may need the support. That is all.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome back
Old 03-24-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

6 years free, you are absolutely FANTASTIC. Congratulation and best wishes to you.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome back!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back!
Old 03-24-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back illbewaiting