Notices

2 days sober and hoping to continue

Old 03-22-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 days sober and hoping to continue

I realize my life is so much better when I am not drinking. I am so much happier and love life. But like so many of us, I drink and it leads to much work thinks. I hope to enjoy day 3 tomorrow and make it continue.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Congratulations on 2 days sober! Welcome to SR!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

You can do this!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's amazing how much better you view the world when you are sober. It makes you think why did I drink. I am happy go lucky and when I drink I become a lazy, non motivated person. I look forward to share on the SR boards and working hard to being sober tomorrow and each day after.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR mhgone

D
Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and I am glad to be here. I have been on the board before but need to make being sober a priority in my life. I am so tired of drinking alone on the weekends in bed half the time just b/c....what a waste of life.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome and congrats on day 2! Keep that positive attitude and remember that each day sober is a victory!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mhgone View Post
I hope to enjoy day 3 tomorrow and make it continue.
Welcome to SR and Congrats on day 2.....Are you considering any recovery program or plan to assist you with this? There's a few different ways to do it...AA....AVRT...SMART...You might want to look into them...Gain some tools besides this site to help you out...Glad to have you with us. There's plenty of support here.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes. I have done an Intensive Outpatient Program before and looking into another one at nights in addition to AA. I also am taking Natrexone again which I feel helps. Also doing various cognitive work my DR and books. I am one of the most positive people out there but when I drink I am a boring bum.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes. I have done an Intensive Outpatient Program before and looking into another one at nights in addition to AA. I also am taking Natrexone again which I feel helps. Also doing various cognitive work my DR and books. I am one of the most positive people out there but when I drink I am a boring bum.
That's awesome....You're coming out with guns loaded...That's the way to do it...Use the support you have here...Let's kick this thing....Time to start enjoying living..
Old 03-22-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks luckily I have close support of my parents being an only child. I know what has to be done and that very few people can get sober alone. I usually take 2 steps forwards and then 1 back.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks luckily I have close support of my parents being an only child. I know what has to be done and that very few people can get sober alone. I usually take 2 steps forwards and then 1 back.
Just keep moving forward this time...Get into AA and work the steps...Find a good sponsor and do the work...It works...Took me out of a fricken hole I never thought I'd get out of.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks. I luckily live in a major city so hope to find some good meetings. I just need to get over the hump and get support aside from my DR, parents and ex girlfriend. I know I can get there but need to treat it as a challenge. Luckily I can to my parents house any time I struggle since they know ALL my hiding strategies.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It's a major challenge...Life or death challenge....Get busy and use this site to cover hours you can't get to meetings......It takes some work....But you can do it.....The only one holding you up...Is you. I wish you the best.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks and I totally agree. Stopping has to come from inside and you have to want it. I am starting to learn that it has to be a constant thought. I do a lot of cognitive therapy reading and you have to learn how to retrain your brian.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I had to learn how to retrain my feet...My brain was getting me nowhere...