Notices

Baby, I'm BACK!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Baby, I'm BACK!!!

Hi folks

Well, the title might may you think I'm drinking... but I'm not!! LOL. Hey, folks - guess what, today at work, I really feel like I'm BACK! Woohoo! Pre major drinking days I was an efficient, intelligent, organised worker, able to turn around the difficult ad-hoc projects with confidence and accuracy, whilst keeping clients and colleagues happy. Sounds like I am blowing my own trumpet, but I am telling you the truth (downsides of me at work - tend to procrastinate until time pressure makes me work, work, work....).

Anyway, this morning I feel like I got a taste of ME at work and, boy, does it feel good. My desk is all organised, I know what I am doing this afternoon, clients and colleagues all up to day. Good stuff.

But, here's the kicker - I felt so good over lunchtime (and it's a beautiful sunny day here), that my 'habit' mind said 'oh, it would be so nice to have a chilled glass of white wine to celebrate all that hard work this morning'. So, even though I have no desire to drink and the thinking about alcohol is lessening, this kind of thing just popped right into my head like a reflex (granted I am only 20 days sober). So, instead, I changed it up and went home and had a mid-day shower with fancy shower cream as a celebration instead. (imagine shower emoticon...)

Enough of me blethering on - what things have you felt like 'baby, you're BACK' since getting sober?!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Awesome!

Have a beautiful day!!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

-
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Scolova - yeah, baby, yeah!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hey thats megacool FD, I was on the tram yesterday, and saw a lot of people drinking by the canalside in the sun, and thought I would love to have a cool beer, but I didnt, I had a green tea, and I felt better for it, tons better for it
Billy
Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Billy - my husband loves green tea with lemon - me, bleurgh. I need to find a fancy non alcoholic drink that's ALL MINE (wicked laugh).
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi,

This is where I'm going to struggle, its been a great day weather wise here too, and I've had another good day at work,

I've been over to manchester today to look at a job for next week and I know what you mean about the canalside drinking.

A few of my mates have already text me asking if I fancy a beer after work, I am off the tools at work tomorrow too on a pre planned trip down to london and I have a lie in as well.

All of this combined is causing major problems for me. I'm currently catching up on paperwork watching the jeremy kyle show. That show alone is enough to drive you to drink!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well done.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
So it goes

Originally Posted by Bruno1979 View Post
Hi,This is where I'm going to struggle, its been a great day weather wise here too, and I've had another good day at work,
I've been over to manchester today to look at a job for next week and I know what you mean about the canalside drinking.
A few of my mates have already text me asking if I fancy a beer after work, I am off the tools at work tomorrow too on a pre planned trip down to london and I have a lie in as well.
All of this combined is causing major problems for me. I'm currently catching up on paperwork watching the jeremy kyle show. That show alone is enough to drive you to drink!
Bruno
That is the hardest, they are drinking everywhere in the sunshine, my office is above and next to busy pavement bars.
I have stopped seeing friends who just drink with me, I cant go into pubs, and until I have that solid inner strength I wont.
I also understand London will be hard. I always used to have something on the train down, or back. You just have to get into the mindset, use SR to keep you strong and it will work for you
Billy
Old 03-22-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What a great thread to start off my day 6! Thanks for that feelingdown!

I'm imagining me organizing my desk & decluttering my work space...i work from home & it appears i've made a great mess of my work habits due to my complacency. What motivation!

Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That is great!

I really do enjoy some sort of seltzer drink with a slapsh of juice and lemon or lime. Sometimes, for my "Saturday Night Water" me and the kids make them and add a few different slices of fruit, and maybe pmagranite mango. I have to watch carbs, so its more water than anything for me.

But just because we don't drink does not mean we have to forego the experince of a refreshment in a pretty glass and along the river or at an open air cafe.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

MMMMMM - rochele those drinkies sound soooo good - haven't had real pomegranate in years - going to go buy some. Yum!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back feeling-good - glad to hear life is going well

I think playing my first gig sober was probably the 'I'm back' moment that sticks in my head - one of those seminal events, y'know?

D
Old 03-22-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Feeling-good - Thanks for the uplifting post. Congratulations on your 20 days sober! You're doing great.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Awesome. For me it was when I went hiking to the top of a local mountain.... Back Baby!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I still remember the joy I had a few months ago, when I remembered where I left my keys the night before! I was about 9 months sober then. My memory's slowly improving day by day.

Congrats on your achievements at work! That must feel very satisfying.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

These are great 'I'm back' moments - I think my memory is slowly, slowly improving, but I would love it if it was sharp like it was when I was young(er).

Hey, hey - you noticed I changed to feeling-good from feelingdown - progress, baby, progress.

3 weeks today..... and I know what I am doing at work today too - lol!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

For me, I have finally gotten to the point where I do not feel as if I'm going to have a withdraw seizure during my day... It has been very gradual over the last 6 months and there was not just one moment, but many moments which has lead up to today. And I am very grateful for it all.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad that you're doing well, FG!