Notices

Imho

Old 03-21-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not again

Imho

Made a descision, which, I guess is just a mental exercise not an actual function or action, to turn our will and our lives over, (now repeat that segment, I just did, epiphany) God in his infinite wisdom gave us all free will, are you seriously gonna give it back and say no thanks you were wrong. I certainly wouldn't. But if you do, in the morning when you wake, let me know how long it takes to get out of bed if you are "unwilling" and awaiting God to do it for you, earthquakes aside. Which brings us to the care of God, which is much different than the control of God,bringing us back to the free will issue and getting out of bed. And if you have kids you know caring for them is much different than controlling them.Asto the "as I understand him" part, I don't, but then again I don't understand gravity or light, but they seem to work in my favor.

Life, I love it.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

LOL@ LarryLive,

I gotta tell ya I've had very similar thoughts regarding Step 3 during my recovery process...especially when I was a newcomer...and I always tend to go back to what my 1st sponsor would say about making the decision and turning over my will to my HP's care:

"God's will for you is to be happy, healthy and helpful to others. God only wants the best for you...so all you have to do is get out of the way."

It didn't take long for me to realize that my job (when it comes to Step 3) was to align my will with my HP's will for me...as opposed to living in ways that make me unhappy, unhealthy and useless to myself or others. And as my current sponsor likes to say, "We act on our 3rd Step decision by simply doing the right thing for the right reason." (LMAO! That's his answer for everything.) For me, my 3rd Step decision is about deciding to use my free will constructively...by abandoning destructive attitudes and behaviors and developing new positive values and standards. As far as "the care of" part goes, that just means to me that my HP doesn't need any help controlling or caring for the world.

I don't claim to understand my HP either, and I surely don't understand light or gravity. But guess what? I haven't floated into outer space yet and the Sun still rises every day.

Great post.

G