Notices

Throw in the towel!

Old 03-21-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Throw in the towel!

Good morning my SR fellows, my names Johnny, and i am a recovering alcoholic , i used to be consumed with self, and it was driven by a thousand random fears! But i'm not like that anymore, not today, all that stuff has left me...and now i have a much better quality of life all thanks to AA (and SR of course! )
Its a lovely sunny day here in Brighton by the sea in England, and i'm walking about just enjoying life with my head held high and a funny content looking smile on my face...and am almost foaming at the mouth with gratitude! lol...this is what happens when you throw in the towel and follow a design for living...so, who's ready to throw in that towel?? Acceptance is the key.

Have a great day folks

2times

PS/ foaming at the mouth is optional! lol
Old 03-21-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

im ready to throw in the towel... im going to tell my sponsor that i am done fighting this disease and i cant take it anymore... the paranoia, fear, regret has me beat

i'm glad you are having a great day keep it up its hearing things like this that make my day so much better !!!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard !!

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 03-21-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Good for you, Johnny. I can almost feel your joy through my computer screen! Giving up that "crutch" was scary in the beginning, but now it is liberating. So great to be free from something so destructive.

Keep it up, my friend. You're doing great!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhySoSerious View Post
im ready to throw in the towel... im going to tell my sponsor that i am done fighting this disease and i cant take it anymore... the paranoia, fear, regret has me beat

i'm glad you are having a great day keep it up its hearing things like this that make my day so much better !!!
Thats great to hear Go for it...all it requires is a willingness to learn, and then all that bad stuff will leave you, i promise! my brain was so fried i was full all that paranoia, regret,shame, and random fears ...then the steps absolutly blew that stuff out the water! i was blown away! let me know when it happens to you, its a great feeling/experience to share with others to carry the message of hope
Old 03-21-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

Originally Posted by johnny2times View Post
Thats great to hear Go for it...all it requires is a willingness to learn, and then all that bad stuff will leave you, i promise! my brain was so fried i was full all that paranoia, regret,shame, and random fears ...then the steps absolutly blew that stuff out the water! i was blown away! let me know when it happens to you, its a great feeling/experience to share with others to carry the message of hope
i sure will !!! thank you
Old 03-21-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LDT

Throwing in the towel and foaming at the mouth.......I love it! Great words to start the day! I threw in the towel myself over a year ago and never looked back. I find myself smiling all the time these days for absolutely no reason other than I am HAPPY! And as I am walking around my beautiful lake this morning, counting my blessings, I hope I won't foam at the mouth too obviously Good work Johnny2.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LDT

Throwing in the towel and foaming at the mouth.......I love it! Great words to start the day! I threw in the towel myself over a year ago and never looked back. I find myself smiling all the time these days for absolutely no reason other than I am HAPPY! And as I am walking around my beautiful lake this morning, counting my blessings, I hope I won't foam at the mouth too obviously Good work Johnny2.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LDT View Post
was that a bit of a wise crack posting 2times LDT?? lol like ya style mate!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great post J2T...Sometimes the only way to win is to get on your knees and give up.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LDT

Yikes! Not wisecracking at all and sorry for the double post ( but I can see why you might think that, lol). We've had huge storms here, trees are down, and the internet is going crazy. Still a great day, though......most sober days are for me.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

and i'm walking about just enjoying life with my head held high and a funny content looking smile on my face
Ha! Hey Johnny. Am at school with a funny lookin look on my face, I don't think for the same reasons...

xxx
Old 03-21-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stillsleeping View Post
Ha! Hey Johnny. Am at school with a funny lookin look on my face, I don't think for the same reasons...

xxx
sounds interesting lol whatya been upto now trouble??
Old 03-21-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Great post J2T...Sometimes the only way to win is to get on your knees and give up.
i hear ya, really struggled with that whole giving up/surrendering thing in the beginning though...but after i was beaten to my knees by alcohol (2times oddly enough lol) then i was ready, and i didnt care how weak or uncool that was...i just did it, because i was absolutly broken ...and then i was like, well what'dya know...it works! wish i just did that in the beginning...coulda saved myself alot of suffering, ah well we live an learn hey, alls well now
Old 03-21-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Johnny, that's the big difference between a bunch of alkies.

If they're "in their cups" practicing, they pull each other down.....
If they are recovering, they pull each other up.

The oldtimers loved me until I could learn to love myself.

Have a great day !!

Bob R (in the colonies)
Old 03-21-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

i just did it, because i was absolutly broken ....
DING!....Get that man a cigar!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome, glad you found that there is a solution.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MINEr

Great post. I think one thing a lot of people don't realize is that sobriety is a gift you give yourself, it is a chance to love yourself like you haven't been in active addiction. I wake up every day with hope and gratitude in my heart, all because I decided to end the old game and start a new one.(with help from AA, SR, Kaiser, and loving peeps)
Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I had a guy say that in a meeting the other day camedown...I liked it...He said...When you come into AA you are given a gift...And that gift is you...And you get to open it up yourself.