Notices

Friends?

Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friends?

I just recently quit (Day 5). I fear I am too late for health reasons. I always knew I was an alcoholic. However, somehow didn't care.

My question is all of my friends and family are alcoholics. I am now isolating myself from them. I am very lonely these days. Thank goodness for this place.

Anyway, by BF and I have been friends for over 20 years. We had a big fight the other day (I was still drinking) and have not spoken since. I did bring up some things to her about her lifestyle (do you believe that) because I was truly worried. She drinks beer in the morning, then switches to wine in the afternoon, pot in between and then drinks vodka or whiskey at night. She blacks out, has no memory of the night before, has fallen down numerous of times and she is afraid her husband is going to leave her. Her daughter has 3 DUI's, totalled numerous vehicles including wrecking mine, just recently released from an 8 month rehab center for alcohol/drugs and I just suggested that it might be a good idea not to do that suff in front of her when she comes home. Well.... that was it. Big fight.

So, the next day I quit. I know I am an alcoholic. I am no better than her but I never did pass out or anything like that. I drank every day for 30 years.
I am just worried. However, now I have to concentrate on me.

Plus she takes every medication out there. Xanax, Lexapro, pain killers, inhalers, whatever.

I'm scared I will always be alone.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go find some new sober friends...That's what I did....The best thing you can do for your friend and her daughter is lead by example...Show them it can be done.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, it's a hard time when you realize you need to make some tough choices.

I wasn't able to be around alcohol for quite a long time.