Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

March 19 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 03-19-2012, 02:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

March 19 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Who knows whether tomorrow will be good or not? Yet we who live with alcoholics are so prone to expect the worst!

Al-Anon is a twenty-four hour program. This gives us the comforting assurance that we need not burden ourselves with the woes of the past, nor anticipate those that may come in the future.

I will keep always in mind that today is my sole concern, and that I will make it as good a day as I can. This one small span of time is mine, and I will use it to do the things that need doing, and have time for enjoyment and reflection.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Living one day at a time and consciously dividing my time into useful and satisfying activities can give me the variety that is said to be the spice of life. This has the added benefit of keeping my mind off my problems, which often proves the easiest and most logical way to solve them.

“I will make this day a happy one, for I alone can determine what kind of a day it will be.”