Notices

Newbie on the premisis

Old 03-18-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie on the premisis

Hi everyone. I am super excited I found this site. My sobriety date is 12-05-2011. This is a good place, I have been reading and there seems to be great support here. THIS IS VERY EXCITING
It's been a rough ride, no doubt...I need help
Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hey Mich! Welcome and congratulations on your sobriety! Wow!! This IS a wonderful place to come for support, and we're glad you're here.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find a lot of support and understanding here.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Mich and Welcome,

This is a great site. I has been keeping me sober for over 9 months with the support of AA.
You have some months of sobriety under your belt so what are you doing to keep sober?

CaiHong
Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I talk to my sponsor everyday. I have an addiction's counselor. I go to meetings and when I need support I call someone. I call three women per day besides my sponsor. I did relapse, I had 22 months before this time around. I was really hating myself for that but my counselor and sponsor said those feelings of guilt and shame would take me right back out, again. I try my best to stay in today and not live in the past or dwell on fears about the future. Things have come up over the passed few weeks and I have not relapsed over any of it. I am confident but I don't want to be complacent. My sponsor taught me that complacency is one of the enemies of recovery.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

I'm glad you found us.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Mich

D
Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Former Iowa Partyman

Day Three Almost Over!

I am almost ready for day four to begin--sober. I have been drinking "socially," as I called it for close to twenty years, and have been lucky enough not to get a DUI, to have a great career, and have a successful family. But during the last two years, I have taken drinking to a "whole new level." I drink vodka, and do it daily.

Over the course of the last few months, I am hungover at least five days a week, and am making excuses for no longer being an early riser. My children see me drunk on the weekends, in particular, and I am sure I have embarrassed them to some degree hundreds of times.

People think of me as a "party guy," which used to be OK...now I think I embarrass myself, and know my business peers think I need to grow up. The trouble is, I can't stop drinking. If I take one drink...I'm "all in" till I am plowed. I have gained thirty pounds, my face is "puffy," my pants are tight. And I find myself wearing sweaters, wind shirts, etc., to compensate for my newfound figure.

I'm tired ALL of the time. I write everything down as my memory isn't what it used to be. I know my health is suffering...my family is suffering...and my wife, bless her heart has to be thinking this wasn't what she signed up for.

Bottom line...most people grow out of college partying. I picked up the pace...and want to QUIT NOW. What can I expect for day four and beyond? I really hope I've taken my last drink.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hey mich - great to have you with us!

I totally agree that this is a great site (and it's 24/7 so support is available whenever we need it!). Congrats on getting sober and welcome!!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello mich0201:

Sounds like you are on the right track !

Wishing you the best of luck.

Bob R
Old 03-19-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi mich this is a great site been sober 20 days thanks to this site keep up the good job