Notices

extreme anger

Old 03-16-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry extreme anger

I get recurring episodes of extreme anger, infact so much so that anything within striking range gets destroyed, or destroys me (ie. wooden front door & my fist, etc)..

strangely its only triggered over small things, things that i shouldnt get wrong but somehow **** up.. eg. bedsheets getting tangled up in my feet, spilt drinks, dumbass drivers on the road, etc...
Old 03-16-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you considered counselling to help you deal with your anger issues? It might be something that would help you.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samyek View Post
I get recurring episodes of extreme anger, infact so much so that anything within striking range gets destroyed, or destroys me (ie. wooden front door & my fist, etc)..

strangely its only triggered over small things, things that i shouldnt get wrong but somehow **** up.. eg. bedsheets getting tangled up in my feet, spilt drinks, dumbass drivers on the road, etc...
we need the specifics, what's your drug(s) of choice?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I don't know if you're still drinking/drugging or not...

I get angry too, I forgot when I was drinking that I am an angry guy. I remembered getting angry about things easily when I was young (things like you mention, really silly stuff, windy days blowing stuff around, annoying noises, stuff like that). I sorta forgot about that side of me when I was drinking every day.

I'm learning how to deal with my anger better, but I think the first step is getting sober, so if you're not sober I think that's a great place to start.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've had anger issues my whole life. Grew up with two parents with awful tempers. I learned to react the same way. It has gotten me in quite a bit of trouble.

What has helped me is getting clean and sober, working the 12 steps, and talking with therapists. I still get angry, but my fuse is getting much longer. Instead of reacting violently, I do something different. Take a walk. Call my sponser. Pray. It doesn't get better overnight. It takes practice.

God bless.