Hey M1k3!

Old 03-15-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey M1k3!

Figure out what you enjoy doing and then start doing it.
So easy, but that line really made me smile today. Thank you.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you like it. I occasionally come up with some good ones.

I've been hanging out in the secular recovery forum lately. Since moving out I've gotten into the habit of having something to drink almost every night. Not blind drunk or anything like that but more than I thought I should. I wasn't really enjoying it and figured this would be a good time to just quit.

Besides, I've gotten back into running again. Doing between 3 and 3.5 miles a night. Not bad for an old fat guy.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Haha m1ke, good for you for running, is your knee fine now then?
Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! I'm getting back to running if we ever get rid of the 500 metric sh*ttons of snow we have. Too old and tired to run in snow.

And good for you for keeping an eye on your habits.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The knee seems to be holding up fine. I wear one of those straps that keep your kneecap in place and that seems to be working fine.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the quote.
Funny enough the figuring out part seems to be the hardest. At least it is lately for me. I guess after years of not aknowledging my own needs and wants it is so hard to break free from the comfort zone of not wanting and needing anything for myself and start doing it.
There are so many layers of god knows what I need to dig through to finally reach that tiny quiet voice I can barely hear that says: maybe I'd like to...
but the good news is I'm getting better at it. No other way than to keep on "digging"
Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

It seems like such a simple concept, but I am still working on this.

My current thing I enjoy doing is collecting unique reasonably-priced dangly earrings. I've decided I'm wearing a pair whenever I go out of the house, and I really enjoy it.
Also, I recently had the misfortune of shrinking all of my favorite fitting dress pants in the dryer on Wednesday night, so I've been wearing skirts to work until I get a chance to get new dress pants this weekend. I've decided this accident was meant to happen, because I'm really enjoying wearing the skirts! I still believe it's responsible to pick up a few pairs of dress pants, I'm going to keep my eye out for nice skirts too, and wear skirts more often. I really enjoy looking nice! (My boyfriend can't believe his luck right now, either. *Grins*)

I've also started gardening again. I really loved my garden last year, and while I did lose one of the rose plants over the winter the other three survived quite happily and are starting to grow new baby branches. (One of them has already doubled in size and the season hasn't really started yet!) I've got my strawberry planter all full of plants again (tried to nurture the ones from last year, since they were supposed to come back, but one of my cats is obsessed with digging in dirt and eating my plants so I had to get new ones), as well as most of my herb garden (I still want basil) and the beginning of the other three window boxes.

I've got a friend staying over temporarily for the week. We've been planting flowers and talking and eating ice cream and it's been great to spend "girl time" with someone staying up late at night for no particular reason. I haven't done that since college, and while I know I'll be grateful to have my own space back when she leaves Saturday, her visit has been very good for me.

It's a very simple sentiment, to start doing what you enjoy, and it's been hard putting it into practice, but the results have been wonderful and I don't remember being happier.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've just cooked up a storm in the kitchen, I forgot how much I love and enjoy cooking. I'm sure that my mum will be delighted when she comes in from work to find I've made her dinner. It's nice when I do something I love and it makes other people feel loved.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wear skirts exclusively, and I highly recommend the thrift store! I "renew my wardrobe" a couple of times a year, and my very corporate employers think I'm a fashion diva! Which is hilarious to anyone who knows me :-)