Don't borrow from tomorrow

Old 03-14-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't borrow from tomorrow

I've been on here every day, reading and reading, and then reading some more. I saw this quote "Don't borrow from tomorrow" and can not find the person who wrote it, I just want to thank them.

My AH, as some of you know, is trying to control his drinking without a program. He is doing well, and just wants to be one of the guys who can have a beer or two without getting out of control. I am still waiting for the next binge, but am concentrating more on my own health.

We have a vacation home that I haven't been to all winter, even though he goes every weekend. I am wanting to go this weekend, but am concerned that he will drink more than he does during the week. Well, why shouldn't I enjoy my vacation home because of what "might" happen? I have my boundaries, and know that I can leave if I need to (we take separate vehicles)

So, "Don't borrow from tomorrow" is something I draw strength from. So thank you to whomever said it.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like that quote ...thinking its gonna be my new saying/thinking Feelingalone, I hope you have good time at your vacation home, sometimes it helps to get away.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I now love that quote as well! I am going to continue to keep it in my thoughts, along with all of the other wonderful people who are going though this difficult time. This forum really is helping, because I can talk myself into staying in a heartbeat. My supervisor asks me today "so how are you doing"? well guess what, i burst into tears. Yikes.
I tried so hard to help my ABF be a social drinker. I want to have a couple happy hours and then go home for dinner. He can do it for a couple months, then slips right back into his normal almost daily drunkenness. Does not drink in the morning yet, although who knows what will happen a couple years down the road.
Stay strong!!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think my favorite ( and I have no idea who said/wrote it ) is...

WORRYING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT MAY HAPPEN IS LIKE PAYING INTEREST ON MONEY YOU HAVEN'T BORROWED.