Notices

Drink and Dial

Old 03-13-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drink and Dial

Ive slipped back again as mentioned in a previous post. It is good to be back here. Thanks guys.
I cannot remember , but the other evening after a bottle of vodka , I made about 8 phone calls. Im not sure to who 3 of them were.
I received an email today from an old friend saying she wants nothing more to do with me after what I said on Sunday night.

I just wanted to let the forum members know that this is a harsh reminder of the hideous past, it has come back.

thanks for all the messages.

L
Old 03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Obviously, I don't know what you said to your friend --- and, it seems, neither do you --- but could you email her back, apologize, and ask her to forgive you?

True friends judge us by what we say and do when we're at our best, not at our worst.

Good luck to you.

V
Old 03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
This **** happened to me so many times -- phone was my undoing. Anyway, I remember you, Lipitor, but I don't recall what you were doing to beat this thing. Anything? How can we help?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

I used to make such stupid drunken dials....then Facebook came around and I could make a fool of myself before hundreds of people all at once haha. When I was drinking, I would post on people's walls and I absolutely dreaded waking up the next day and seeing what I had done. We've all been there! I know that guilt your feeling.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did the same thing, Lipitor. I spent so much time trying to figure out who I had called and what I had said.

You don't have to go through that again.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Yeah I did that quite a bit. Freaky stuff. I used to hide my phone before my drinking so I wouldn't find it and call people.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Been there done that, that's one feeling I won't miss. Waking up in the morning wondering what you did or what you said really is only funny in the movies.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh my do I remember the drinking and dialing. Well I guess I don't remember a lot of the calls. . I will certainly not miss that imbarrasment. Phones should come with breathalyzers!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, why I thought an old friend would want to hear from me at 2 am or worse, why I thought 2 am was a good time to tell someone what I really thought of them.

I heard someone once say that liquor bottles should come with a warning label. Drinking this might cause you to call old boyfriends from 10 years ago at 4 am asking, But why...........

Almost 7 years sober and thank the universe i'm not doing that anymore.You can too Lipitor.