Seriously? You texted me to tell me you're drunk?

Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seriously? You texted me to tell me you're drunk?

My alcoholic fiancé just had the kids and I over for a supervised visit. We got back to my parents about 3 hrs ago. An hr ago, he texted me to tell me he's drinking and he "understands if I'm mad, but if I'd like to see him tomorrow, let him know."

Who does that? He was just bragging about how he'd been sober 4 entire days.

I told him that things won't be the same between us anymore. At the visit, he was all cuddly and wanting to be intimate with me

No more, I'm the sucker. I can't do this anymore.
Stop the merry go round please, I'm getting off.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't have much to say that might help other than OMG, that sounds so familiar! After I caught AH in lies about drinking while he was on a business trip, I got a text from him at the airport "letting me know he was having a couple of cocktails." As AH lies constantly about drinking, I guess he thought he was taking the high road, but sure didn't seem that way to me - its like he wanted to **** me off. And then the "understand if mad, but if you want to see him, let him know." That sounds just like AH as well... kind of like "here I am, this is me - not changing, take it or leave it." How thoughtful! Wish me luck - I'm moving out of the home I share with AH tomorrow... I'm ridiculously scared and wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I think tomorrow will be the hardest day of my life up to this point
Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Such an empowering feeling when we realize we can get off the ride anytime, that is really is our choice.

Hang in there, starlet.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

At least he was being honest? Haha... But yeah, it almost seems like they say it to test you and/or ask your permission...
Old 03-12-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maya - I wish you the best of luck. I had to move back home with my parents as I am a university student/full time mom to two wonderful kids, with no income. I am 800x happier than I was a week ago when I moved. I remember crying. I remember thinking how is it fair that he gets to stay where I was happy and I have to leave!? Why should the kids and I be forced back into my parents when it's him with the problem? I no longer think this way!

Tuffgirl - you are quite right! I already feel better as I stated above because I can laugh at his pathetic attempts to suck me back in. Really though, that's how you're gonna win me over.. LEtting me know you're still doing exactly what it is I left you for.

Choublak - no permission from me. I laid down the law! He isn't gonna have the best of me when he's giving me his absolute worst.