in love and worried about my addict husband

Old 03-11-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

in love and worried about my addict husband

I married my husband 2 years ago and did not know about his crack addiction until after we were married. He has stolen anything of value including cash over the past 2 years. He promises me each time he goes on a binge that it will be the last. This last time he left 9 days ago and hasn't returned. He has never been gone this long before. A year ago he moved us to state where I have no family or friends. I don't know if we have been abandoned or not. I love him so much but his addiction is killing our family and I don't think he sees that. Any advice? Please help
Old 03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In my opinion, if my partner left me for 9 days, I would consider myself abandoned.

Is there family and friends you can call from were you are from for immediate help?

You said family. How many kid/s do you have? how old?

If it were me I would let him come home to an empty house, or at least a house with the locks changed- If that were at all possible, and I am resourceful.

I just want you to know that your situation breaks my heart... for you, but even more so, for your kid/s .please keep us updated

My thoughts and prayers are for you
Old 03-11-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I also wanted to say that if you have no job, cash, food money, childcare, you may want to immediately apply for assistance form the state. That way you will at least have something for now. That is assuming you have kids, but you can get food stamps even if you don't have kids-- I didn't think that you may have meant "family" as in you and your husband. If so, my bad

....and please please please look for a Naranon meeting. You will get support there from people in the same boat that have experience.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Um I would call the police and report him missing.Then I would go the next Alanon meeting introduce yourself and listen.There are people there who have gone or are going through this themselves that can help you.I'm sorry you are going through this