Notices

Stood Strong Last Night. Yay!

Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stood Strong Last Night. Yay!

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to write an update. I don't mean to be self-absorbed but writing these little posts makes me feel good so that's what I'm going to do for now.

Last night, it was Friday night. Obviously, that's a big party/drinking night for a lot of folks. In all honesty, I thought about going to get some beer. I really did. The good thing is that instead of just jumping up and acting on that thought like I usually do, I mulled it over. I thought through what would happen if I got some beer or pot. I realized that it would be fun for the night, I'd laugh, and be goofy but in the morning, I'd wake up full of regret and probably feel quite bad physically. I came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth it. Yay for the little victories.

So, thanks to that, I stayed put at my house with my beautiful, 6-month, rescue lab (picture in avatar) and just enjoyed some Big Bang Theory and a stand-up comedy act by Jim Gaffigan. It was a good night.

When I was thinking about drinking, I thought back to someone's post on my thread from yesterday. She said that her triggers were boredom and loneliness. I realized that I was thinking about getting messed up because I was bored and lonely. Remembering that really helped so thank you to whoever it was that said that.

Another plus is that I got a job yesterday like planned. I start tonight at 5 p.m. It will be full time, which is good because I need the money. This is a huge relief because I was very worried about my finances and worries that strong can drive a fella to drink. So glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

That's all for now. Thank you for reading. This is a great site with a ton of kind, supportive people.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hell yeah, congrats on the job and the sober Friday night. Now go make that money!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you DreamingDog...Nice dog by the way...Congrats on the new job too!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I did want to ask for some advice from you all:

I have various cannabis paraphernalia around my house. I also still have the numbers to like ten or so pot dealers, four of them local. I know that I should take the pipes, grinders, and jars out to the dumpster and delete the numbers but I'm feeling reluctant. Does this mean I'm not committed to really quitting?

I can't lie and say that I'm not still harboring feelings that I may be able to return to using cannabis. I don't really have those same feelings with alcohol but they are definitely there with weed. I know that I don't ever want to smoke weed again as it's very bad for your lungs and I'm a pretty active guy. However, I'm harboring these thoughts that one day, I may be able to use cannabis by cooking with it if I ever live in a place where it's legal. Is this wrong? I already know the answer but I want some advice from you all.

Thanks for reading. Love you guys.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can't have it around...If I smoke it I'll drink...I know me...
Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

My thoughts of pot have been stronger and more than that of alcohol. Of course, smoking makes me really thirsty!

Are you fully committed, yet? (I get to watch my neighbors on their balcony periodically and they hold their stuff up so everyone can see! Go figure!)

Stay strong!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies. I just did the deed. Took a walk down to the dumpster and took pleasure in shattering my glass pieces against its walls. Also, just got done deleting all those pesky contacts. It feels good, actually. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hi Dreamingdog,

good for you an making a good choice and not going out for beer. When I stopped drinking I had that thought in the future I can drink when I have got myself sorted but now 9 months sober I know that it is not possible for me to drink again and thanks to my HP I don't want to.

As for the weed, it would be an act of good faith to delete numbers and throw the smoking utensils away but it does sound like you do intend to smoke again. Hopefully your thinking will change on this.

I feel when you are stoned it is easier to just give in to whatever drug is around.

Congrats on the job and good on you for giving the dog a home.

CaiHong
Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cool

Well done, staying home with you're beautiful dog, getting the job and ditching your works. Well done indeed!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow, you are a bigger man than I am for throwing out your pieces. I still have weed pipes from my daily smoking college days that I can't bring myself to throw out.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very proud of you DreamingDog! You sound determined. Your dog is beautiful! I have a yellow lab.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Way to Go Wof Woof

Keep it up
Old 03-10-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great job staying sober!! and Congrats on the new job!! I hope it pays well and keeps you busy enough to get your mind off the booze!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow, congrats! That is a great accomplishment!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wow, great job! That is an accomplishment!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ugh, stupid error messages, sorry for the double post!