Notices

Having a rough night!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a rough night!

I am having alot and I mean ALOT of anxiety tonight...panicking about all I have to do tomorrow. Keep reading up on alcoholism and the health problems that is causes and I'm really scared .....praying for some peace tonight so that I can get some rest....happy sobriety all!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Quit going to Dr. Google!

Yes, alcohol can be pretty rough on your body, but your body is also quite resilient. Whether you have any long term damage done to your body or not, worrying about it won't make one bit of difference.

When I feel anxious I try to think things out logically and it tends to help me. What's done is done, you can't ignore the past but you can learn from it.

Take some deep breaths and try to relax, watch some tv or put on some soothing music and instead of worrying about health problems you may have, think about all the things you are saving yourself from by getting sober.

Best wishes
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm unsure how long you have been sober, but I can tell you that my anxiety lessens the further away I get from alcohol. Relax. Tomorrow will be better than today. Do not give in to the panic.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Breath. Just breath. I think most of us have felt the same way. If you really feel scared then go to the ER. There's no shame in it. You have no idea how wonderful how kind the doctors and nurses are all and there is no price on your life. Take care of yourself and do what's right for you.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for putting into perspective!! I'm watching tv and checking the site from my phone ....making myself a cup of caffeine free rosehip tea. Hopefully sleeping soon
Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You'll be fine. I hope you can relax a bit. I think you posted on another thread that you will be doing a lot toward your recovery tomorrow.

If you are anything like I was, you probably have played out endless scenarios of what will be. What I have learned is that no matter what I ever anticipate, the actual scene never plays out exactly like I thought it would.

I'm sure everything seems a bit strange and intimidating. It could be just a bit of anxiety about the unknown.

It's different, and based on my experience, that is exactly where you will want to be headed.

I'm sure you have many questions, and you will be provided ample opportunity to have your questions answered, and trust that you don't have to cover all that ground in one day.

So try to get some rest; we'll help you through it, as will those you will meet tomorrow.

All my best....sleep well...
Old 03-08-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Relax. Breathe slowly.

Dr appt---doctor will check you out. most likely all is okay and any results won't be processed until Monday or later (ask)

Appt with a therapist---they know what to say. all you can do is be as honest as possible

My first aa meeting---go in and listen with an open mind. if they ask, say your name so they know who you are. just listen. it's a bunch of people in different stages of recovery and some who are not in recovery, but who attend, anyway. listen for similarities.

When all is done, get a pad of paper and try to write some thoughts down; I know it helps me to process everything.

Relax. breathe slowly.

Hugs. Everything will be okay!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

I hope you deal well with the anxiety you are experiencing. I know how difficult it can be to attempt to wrestle with life's problems and all that can be going on for us at times.

But check this out: Since I stopped drinking, I have SO MUCH MORE STUFF going on than I ever did before...but now I'm equipped to deal with it! When I was drinking, I would develop near-crippling anxiety over almost everything. I dreaded waking up to go to work, or needing to pay a bill, or having to update my license plate registration, or cleaning my house. Almost every event in my life caused anxiety in me, and I would always freak out and numb myself with a drink.

These days, I have a lot more responsibility at work, I'm getting married in 4 weeks, I'm under contract to buy a home, I have a daughter on the way in July....and those are just the big things. Not to mention all of life's other mundane activities. Cleaning the house, running errands, changing my license and tag, visiting my probation officer, going to doctor's visits with my fiancee, and so many other things would have brought me to a blackout episode when I was drinking. But now I tackle all these things, and I even welcome them, and more! It seems like I keeping having more responsibility thrust at me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks for being here, and hang in there. As time goes by you'll find yourself better equipped to deal with life's issues and problems.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You're gonna be fine, just take it 1 step at a time. Once you get that first appointment out of the way, you'll have much more confidence, trust me. Don't blow things out of proportion, stop looking on google because it just causes paranoia. A few months ago I convinced myself that I might have cancer because my body was sore and I was getting tired very easily, little did I know it was the alcohol that was causing that.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
01/28/2017

first, stop looking up your symptoms and self diagnosing. i get the same way and end up thinking the worst. i'm 30 years old now and up until early this year i had not stepped in to a doctors office in about 4-5 years. i always look online and figure my symptoms line up perfectly with prostate cancer or some other horrible disease, then i worry and fret about it without actually getting checked out.

lately i have decided that i want answers, not paranoid thinking. i walked in to the hospital last week basically convinced my liver was almost dead, but just the act of being there made me much more comfortable. my anxiety basically vanished once i was in that waiting room, and i had to wait several hours for any results. turns out my liver is fine, not even outside the normal enzyme range. now, as luck would have it, i am dealing with what might be a kidney stone. i am doing everything i can to find out what it is, and by doing that i am no longer worrying about it.

i'd suggest you take some deep breaths, maybe have a cup of chamomile tea and try to relax. you are thinking the worst when the reality is far more likely to be nothing at all.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know I can't change what's done. And I realize the reality is that I'm probably fine. Just nervous...
Old 03-09-2012, 12:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
01/28/2017

Originally Posted by Anewlife4me11 View Post
I know I can't change what's done. And I realize the reality is that I'm probably fine. Just nervous...
i understand that and i can only speak for myself, but i've been there. i know it is hard to do, but you just need to get through tonight. once you have your appointments done tom you will likely feel much better.

try to ignore the voice that tells you the worst and focus on being well. you are doing what needs to be done and you will be healthier for it. just remember, drinking will only make it worse.