Notices

My first extremely stressful day since starting

Old 03-07-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first extremely stressful day since starting

How's it going everyone? Hope all of you had a great and sober day. I figured I'd get on here and vent a little with my keyboard instead of venting with a bottle in my hand. It seems like the minute I woke up my day was slowly on it's way downhill. Well on my way to work I was stuck in traffic for way longer than usual, not because there was an accident, but because everybody was driving WAY under the speed limit. I was getting so damn frustrated and my brain automatically went to that "I need a drink" mood. I just kept driving, got to work and my boss hit me with some crap news, the guy who I work closely with (we do the same job) had surgery and is going to be out for 8 weeks. So this basically means I have to do double the work for 8 weeks, which now means I'll have to come in early and stay late and work weekends too. So around lunch time I get a call from my fiance and she asks if I want to meet up for lunch around 1pm, so I told her I'd probably be too busy to leave for lunch. Well she got really upset and started telling me I don't have time for her unless it fits my schedule, blah blah. I wanted to go off on her and tell her "Don't you know what the hell I'm going through? I'm barely a week sober, I'm stressed out from work, the last thing I need is to argue with you!" But I just kept it to myself because I know she doesn't understand what it's like. Well after all this I had to work an extra 2 hours tonight, once I got out of the office I was driving home and almost got into an accident (I had to swirve and almost hit the guard rail on the freeway) Some moron decided to switch lanes into me, I had a car infront of me and a car tailgating me and this idiot keeps switching lanes into me, I got pushed all the way to the guard rail before he saw that there was a car right next to him that he just pushed into the guard rail! This was the last straw, I lost all patience and rolled down my window and proceeded to cuss him out as he drove off.....probably not my most calm moment but God I had enough already. I swear by the time I was home I was steaming. It's hard to get used to days like this while remaining sober, but I knew all my days wouldn't be great. And now my girl is staying with her parents tonight because she's mad at me I guess. Ugh I probably sound like a crybaby but damn what a frustrating day. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my vent, I really appreciate it.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb