Notices

not sure what to do

Old 03-07-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation not sure what to do

So I am not sure what to do probation came to my house today for a search and tested me I was dirty and now have to go in at 8 am tomorrow and I am very confused. I am currently in a drug and alcohol program that I attend Monday and wednesday every week i also attend two outside meetings as well. My drug of choice is meth but when I was heavy into my drug use I would use anything that was at my finger tips. I had 6 months clean and relapsed for what reasons I do not know maybe it was that I was overly happy about the things that were happening not sure. I want a sponsor but so far no one has fit the bill maybe its me being that I'm still new to the whole recovery aspect of life. If anyone from northern California that happens to read this and would be willing to possibly be my sponsor or atleast help with some advice to maybe how to make this work I have open ears and a open mind to all. Thank you for taking the time to read this I appreciate it.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome to SR!

I don't have much experience with meth, but I'm a recovering alcoholic, so I get the addiction thing.

I don't have much advice for you, but I can sense the anxiety in your post. It sounds like there are a lot of things going through your head right now. Can you try to slow yourself down and tackle one thing at a time?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rigo
I'm not in NA but I wanted to welcome you - you'll find a lot of support here.

You may be interested in checking out our 12 step NA forum -
Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

or our substance abuse forum:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

they may have some suggestions on sponsors too.

D
Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i got off meth long ago. best thing i ever did. i have to stop drinking now. i have a little boy and a baby on the way. my wife kicked me out of the house. i sometimes get mad and yell when i drink. i dont know what to expect
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too upward

D
Old 03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rigo23 View Post
I have open ears and a open mind to all.
If you have that...That's half the battle......Now you just need to go to few NA meetings and listen for a few days...Find someone that looks happy and talks about the recovery part of the program...Same sex...That looks like they understand it. Go up to them after the meeting and say you are looking for a sponsor to take you through the steps...That's all you have to do...Keep those ears and mind open...That's good.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

...or go to a NA meetings and say you are struggling and you would love to have a temporary sponsor.

It just might work out to be more than a temporary thing, but for me it was critical to have someone there for me during those first few days.