Notices

Day 4. Trying this again

Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4. Trying this again

Here I go again. Day 4 and the withdraws are horrible. Not as bad as the last time. It comes in waves. I feel as though I have vertigo. The last two nights I woke up at 2am screaming " Please Jesus don't let me die". Horrible night terrors. Room was spinning and heart was pounding. I had to go lay on the couch with the tv on because I couldn't handle the dark. Terrible to be afraid of the dark at my age. I think the terrors have a lot to do with guilt. I was doing so well. I never told you guys the truth on why I picked up after 6 months. It was New Years Eve. BF and I went out. He asked me if I thought I could handle having a couple of drinks. New Years is a once a year thing. Although I knew in my heart I couldn't, I wanted him to believe I had control. So we drank and had a great time. I was ok until we went out again 2 weeks later. Next thing I knew, I has hiding the vodka. He is so angry at me. He hasn't spoken to me in a week. I called off work 2 days in a row. I haven't called off in 7 months. That was when I told myself that I am about to lose my job again if I don't quit right now. I love my job. So I am back with an even stronger conviction. I believe the worst is over. I haven't forgotten how wonderful sober feels. I want that back. I am going to be ok.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberred View Post
I am going to be ok.
I agree...It's good to see you back...Time for something different...It all about change..
Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are you going to AA?

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 03-06-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome Back! big hugs

You've been missed so much. Today, my day is so much brighter, Thank You!!

Love,
Old 03-06-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

Originally Posted by soberred View Post
He asked me if I thought I could handle having a couple of drinks. ..........................I wanted him to believe I had control. ................................... He is so angry at me. He hasn't spoken to me in a week.
Do you think he can handle you drinking?
Do you think he can handle you not drinking?

I hope you can find a way forward in this. it might help to reflect on that period of 6 months when you did not drink. It shows you can do it.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

double post
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back soberred

Don't hesitate to see a Dr if things are tough, ok?

D
Old 03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi soberred,

I wondered where you were! I am glad you are back, I am not glad you are having such a hard time. I am sorry. I hope the withdrawals are almost over.

Please keep us updated. Positive energy is being sent your way! Take care.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, Soberred!

I'm glad you're back on track.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It took me a while to 'get it' but I did, eventually, and now am coming up on 27 months sober. You can do it too.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can relate to a lot of what you have written... I just past 96 hours and I'm still a mess. I detox'ed at home and it was definately the worst the first two nights but the headaches/blurred vision/shakes are still awfully intense. Even worse than that my mind is starting to run as it's not simply dealing with pain like it was the last few days. I would advise getting to a live meeting as soon as you possibly can... even if it's just to sit in the back with your mouth closed. I say this because that's what I did and it helped a lot even though it was very hard to do. I am going to a meeting tomorrow morning that I used to go to years ago and I'm really scared to do it... I feel like I let them all down by living dirty the last 3 years. I HAVE to do it though... for my survival... if people judge me well good luck to them -- but I will survive!!! I hope you feel better soon keep chugging that water!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've been where you are at. Wanted to "handle" a couple of drinks. For a short time maybe I could. In the end I couldn't. I quickly ran out of places to hide the bottles.

The notions that we can drink like normal drinkers has to be smashed.

God bless.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
I can relate to a lot of what you have written... I just past 96 hours and I'm still a mess. I detox'ed at home and it was definately the worst the first two nights but the headaches/blurred vision/shakes are still awfully intense. Even worse than that my mind is starting to run as it's not simply dealing with pain like it was the last few days. I would advise getting to a live meeting as soon as you possibly can... even if it's just to sit in the back with your mouth closed. I say this because that's what I did and it helped a lot even though it was very hard to do. I am going to a meeting tomorrow morning that I used to go to years ago and I'm really scared to do it... I feel like I let them all down by living dirty the last 3 years. I HAVE to do it though... for my survival... if people judge me well good luck to them -- but I will survive!!! I hope you feel better soon keep chugging that water!!!!
I hope you are feeling better. I slept 9 hours last night and still wanted to sleep more. The waves of vertigo have become less frequent. I drink a lot of water, take vitamins and have actually been eating. If you go to a meeting and they judge you, it's time for a new meeting. Hang in there. We will survive.