Notices

My Change Jar

Old 03-05-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Change Jar

Starting yesterday I put a glass jar on my nightstand. When I think about drinking I will put the typical amount of dollars I would spend on that day in it and make a phone call. What a waste it has truly been...
Old 03-06-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like that idea...I hope you don't have to fill it up too much...When you go to your meeting today...Try and listen for someone that really understands the solution...Talks about the steps...Looks happy...Say a little prayer to whatever your Higher Power is to help you find a sponsor before you go.....If you see someone like that...Go up to them after the meeting and say you are new and looking for someone to take you through the steps...As done in the Book. It may not be today...Then again it might....You'll know when the time and person is right....I hope you're reading that Big Book and don't let the fire you have going fade out...You can make this thing work...If you work it...
Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Along similar lines I see people putting $1 in the AA basket that spent $50 a day at the bar. If we all put the cost of 1 drink in the basket, our AA groups would have their "prudent reserves" and then some.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is something I need to do too. Thanks for the idea.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
Along similar lines I see people putting $1 in the AA basket that spent $50 a day at the bar. If we all put the cost of 1 drink in the basket, our AA groups would have their "prudent reserves" and then some.
Yeah i agree here, but as someone who is in serious debt because of my alcohol habit I can only afford a few bucks for that basket, lol. But my first meeting i threw a 20 in and thought "f*** it, I was gonna spend that on jack anyway!"