Notices

Anyone ever felt like this?

Old 03-05-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone ever felt like this?

Well today I'm 6 days sober and just about an hour ago I started feeling like I was buzzed. I feel good but it's just really weird because I've never felt like this before without having a few drinks in me.... Anybody else ever feel like this when they stopped drinking?
Old 03-05-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yes! just today while feeling the withdrawal from a bender that ended Saturady night, a little woozy at work
Old 03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have periods of getting googly and unbalanced and a little giddy. I think it's hypoglycemia though.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

You too? I started fumbling for words about a 1 1/2 weeks out. It was weird! Lasted about 2 days then it was fine but it did felt kinda like I had a couple drinks in me! I mean my mind, on the inside, was ok but what was coming out of mouth didn't match up!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I first stopped drinking, I used to wake up feeling hungover....that was a drag.
What was not a drag was the realization that I was still sober, and had made it through another 24 hours. Early sobriety can be a roller coaster ride - but it is the only game in town. Take care.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zxcirce View Post
I have periods of getting googly and unbalanced and a little giddy. I think it's hypoglycemia though.
I think you're absolutely right. When I got up to leave work, I felt a little wobbly like I had a few drinks but also I had an enormous craving for sugar. So I stopped at the gas station before I came home and picked up a bunch of my favorite candies. It's been a long time since I've bought candy lol, but it completely took the wobbliness away and I feel normal again now.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'd say that's pretty normal what you're feeling...You have to think about the pounding you have been putting on your brain for which I am sure is far to long....Snatching that stuff away completely....It takes a little time to adjust...It hasn't even been a week yet...Almost...It gets a little better every day...Only one way I know that can make it worse...
Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

I felt like that way after my initial few weeks. I thought it was a freebie, something like some THC leaving some fat cells or something, then my rational voice thought it through to the really negative consequences and I felt really nauseous...thinking it through....I don't want to go back there again!

Your body is healing, things can get different before they get more and more even.

Stay strong!!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm good. I wasn't tempted to drink, I was more tempted to scarf down some sour belts and gummy worms, which I did. 2 bags later I'm cooking dinner. LOL
Old 03-05-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

hard candy, pistachios, chocolate. I know the candy works to replace missing sugar and the pistachios were recently suggested by my friend's outpatient rehab.

Try keeping food in you, healthy foods.....it helps with everything in the healing!