Notices

Just want to give up

Old 03-04-2012, 02:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just want to give up

I don't see the point anymore, my mind is a mess, feel terribly depressed, and my memory is just awful. I only drank for about 6 weeks, yes really heavily but people drink for years.

I just want to drink to take the pain aways its unbearable
Old 03-04-2012, 02:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi 211,

What kind of pain hon, what are you referring to?

x
Old 03-04-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My brain is awful, can't think at all, can't remember anything, feel lost and isolated and really frightened.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not alone. Am right here...

And you don't need to think right now. Just hang out. I'm not going anywhere for a while.

xxx
Old 03-04-2012, 03:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi 211... I recognize that despair. It will clear away if you stop drinking. It's amazing what madness alcohol can bring, even in a short period of time. If you don't mind me asking, was there something that set you off on this binge? Maybe a good sober look at the issue will help.

If you are more desperate than your posts suggests, you might consider getting live, local help...maybe a counselor, pastor, or trusted friend. Or, keep posting here and we'll do all we can to help you.

Peace, friend.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

211, I didn't drink that long compared to other people, but I still had problems adjusting to sobriety, my moods were all over the place for awhile, I also experienced memory problems. Several times in my first year sober, I had to report my bankcards missing, I'd just misplaced them. I'm more organized now, but for awhile I just had to make some allowances for myself. Some people find it helpful to make some lists of what needs to be done, so you don't become overwhelmed. PAWS can be exacerbated by stress... which is a catch 22 sometimes because the symptoms themselves can cause stress.

I thought you received some good advice on your most recent thread. I always found milestones difficult to deal with and it may partially tie in with your achievement of three months sobriety.

At the end of three months though, if you're not getting relief from constant depression, I really do advise some professional help, keep searching until you get the right fit. I suffered depression as well as my alcoholism, it did get better for me but I'm sure I wouldn't have made it without the help and support I was getting. Part of it for me was PAWS, but I've suffered clinical depression since my early teenage years. Anyhow, I began to feel better gradually with counselling support and medication to help balance out the chemicals. It was so worth it that I didn't give up. Don't hesitate to reach out for emergency help, should you require it. I had lists of emergency numbers in my first year, and I did use them when I felt in a personal crisis. Drinking at this time isn't the answer.