Notices

Drunk

Old 03-02-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drunk

But on so little, it makes me seriously question my liver function, although all tests are normal. I seem to have the constitution of a horse. I only post here, as I am not "new," (but I am b/c we are all new every time)to say that I went to work today, helped many, (my work is in disabilities services)in blizzard conditions, no less, and came home, drew the blinds, after letting dog out to pee(could have walked her) poured myself whiskey, gagged at the smell, and continued to drink it. I am on # 3. I don't even drink whiskey. Why??? My children are safe, (I don't have them on wknds) all should be right with the world, why do I force myself to drink a substance which makes me gag upon smelling it? Because it isn't the substance, dumbass, it's the effect. And apparently, I am really seeking the effect today. No reason to the rhyme, just wanting that ringing in the ears, blotting out all others, feeling. Some people call it "the train." Something is going on with me. I wish you all love and wellness & I know we are all on different routes of this bus. Or train. oxoxoxoxo
Old 03-02-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you ever feel like getting better...This is a good place to try and do it.....
Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

I can remember drinking stuff that made me gag too - just to escape from myself for a little while.

Maybe thats what you need to focus on - what are you trying to escape from?

I'm betting there's better ways to do whatever you're trying to do, better ways to relax, unwind and decompress chickadee - they may take a little more work to get right, but you don't have to sell yr soul to do it.

There's a lot of support here if you want it
D
Old 03-02-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Originally Posted by chickadee1 View Post
that ringing in the ears
Alcohol is actually the reason why I will never hear complete silence again. I have tinnitus! *sigh*

When you're ready to stop what your doing to yourself, SR will be here.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by chickadee1 View Post
Why??? My children are safe, (I don't have them on wknds) all should be right with the world, why do I force myself to drink a substance which makes me gag upon smelling it? Because it isn't the substance, dumbass, it's the effect.
It could be the effect......but i think it's a whole lot simpler: you're probably an alcoholic. Alcoholism is progressive (it gets worse with time......whether you're drinking or not) and it'll kill you. .....and here's the nasty news, dying an alcoholic death is a slooooow painful death. So slow you almost don't even notice it getting worse day by day.

Sobriety is the only viable option...a new way of living / an entire personality change to the point where drinking doesn't even come to mind. Many ppl here would be happy to help you along the way too.....
Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results." Yes I think we are all familiar but I thank you for paying attention to my tiny existence. I mean it.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Why don't you take that tiny existence and try and expand it..You know what insanity means...Maybe you should try something different..
Old 03-02-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just because your children are not in the same house, doesn't mean they aren't affected by your choices.

And your existence is no small thing. It must loom like the sun and moon combined to those kids.

I'm glad you're posting. Even if you're not ready to put down the bottle, I hope you stick around.